Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This is the "How Many Amps Do You Own" thread

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by T Prior, Jan 12, 2018.

1. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I have one under my B-15 almost a perfect fit some day I will "paint it black" & run an additional brace thru the center and use the T-nut to attach it to the amp as intended.

gridlock and bparnell57 like this.

2. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX
    I’m going to bookmark your collection just for those times when my wife asks why I need so many amps!

And I only have 4 and a half amps and 5 extention cabs!

Obsessed likes this.

3. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    2017 Vox AC-15VR- Always wanted a 15-watt Vox, and needed to fill a void in my life while my big, heavy Fender twin was out for repair. Awesome amplifier, and louder than you might expect. She offers me pure, crystal clear 1x12 Celestion speaker magic.

2015 Simmons DA-50 drum amp - Bought this lovely beast after the Roland amp that came with my digital drum kit died during a lightning storm. Fantastic response and punch. Really, really impressed with it.

2013 Fender 212R - The big, heavy Fender twin in question. 100 watts, 2x12, loud and awesome. Hero of a hundred combats. Has been on stage with me for more gigs than I can remember. I bought one for myself after finding an earlier one (used, out in Texas) and gifting that one to my brother for his birthday.

2013 Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 modeling amp - 40 watt, 1x12. So lightweight and versatile, it's scary. Will function as an electric guitar amp, acoustic amp, or bass amp. Tons of effects and amp models, and really user-friendly. I bought it on a whim, and have been really happy with that decision ever since.

2012 Fender Rumble 15 bass amp - Smallish 15 watt, 1x8 rig. Believe it or not, I bought it to deliver clear sound in my wife's workout room. I use the Aux (RCA) inputs and it is her de facto PA system in there, for her television and Roku.
    I have borrowed it for other, more musical endeavors, but it serves here well in the workout room.

2011 Roland Cube 15XL - 18 watt, 1x8 practice amp. Bought it for the ease of toting it to the local old folks home, on the evenings when my bass playing brother wants to come along and sing fun oldies for the elderly residents there. I can carry off an unplugged acoustic and going without vocal mics, but his bass needs just a little bit of amplification. I also use it to test and troubleshoot guitar issues on the kitchen counter.

2008 Crate Telluride acoustic amp - 125 watt, 2x8, a fantastic and versatile amp. Features reverb and chorus effects, tunable at that, and a microphone input for small, one-man gigs. I saw it in the local shop years ago and had to have it. She's been onstage many, many times.

2008 Crate BT25 bass amp. 25 watt, 1x10, a real workhorse. Great for small gigs, but mic's up nicely for bigger venues whenever the bass player forgets to bring his big rig. Bought it new off the floor and have loved it ever since.

1992 Tubeworks TD-752 Tube Driver - 100 watt, 1x12 combo amp, great, loud, clear, and with awesome crunch and sustain. Really funky old spring reverb, very splashy and surf-like. I bought it from on old high school friend when her husband was looking to divest a lot of old gear due to health issues. They shipped it from the Gulf Coast of Florida, and the old beastie travelled well.

1980's Fender Sidekick 15 Chorus - Small 15 watt, 1x8 practice amp. Made in Japan, probably around 1985. Bought it used in Germany, and she still plays like a champ. I leave it in the music room, linked to the small Marshall amp listed below, via the stereo outputs of an old Digitech multi-effects processor pedal.

1980's Marshall Lead 12, Model 5005 - 12 watt, 1x10 practice amp. Loud, clear, and absolutely lovely. I replaced the old Celestion for a new greenback just a few years ago, and this thing sounds like brand new. I also bought this in Germany, probably around 1991. It's set up for Germany's 220v power supply, so I keep a small transformer in the bottom of the case, and it really doesn't cause any noise, surprisingly enough.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.
    :(

Believer likes this.

4. Tomm Williams

Tomm Williams Tele-Holic

Jun 11, 2016
    USA
    I will happily be the forum fall guy!!!!

Obsessed and JustABluesGuy like this.

5. Pappy Yokum

Pappy Yokum Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2017
    Chincoteague, VA

6. nocastermike

nocastermike Tele-Meister

Apr 25, 2015
    ma
    1. 65 vibrolux reverb. My roy amp. 2. 1972 vibrolux reverb. Backup to my roy. 3. Blackface deluxe reverb. I bought it cause it was available. I use it for practice. 4. 66 super reverb. Everyone must have one of these. 5.1976 marshall jmp 2204. My workhorse for alot of the 70,s era. 6. A recent marshall 50 watt smallbox reissue. A real gem that i couldn't pass up. I had a real one in the seventies and this is my revisit.

7. Dadzmad

Dadzmad TDPRI Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Wisconsin USA
    I use a kinda strange seasonal mix

Excelsior Pro - my warm weather garage amp for my Kingpin & Tele, I need a hand truck to move it around these days

Fender SS Champion 110 - my in the house low volume winter amp and carry around when I go visiting. I put a WGS 10" Veteran and a Mod reverb in it and it sounds much better.

Trace Elliot TA 30 for my Guild Songbird with both US and SB transducers. I also use this one alot to play recorded music on my phone when I am working outside in my garden.

When I am inside and upstairs during cold weather and don't want to disturb she who watches TV, I use a compressor to a EQ pedal to an Ambient Echo delay to an American Sound that goes into an old sound blaster in my desktop and out to a 1970 Zenith SS stereo tuner amp with 4 old school bookshelf speakers. This really sounds full while actually being quieter than an acoustic guitar. This set up got me using flat wounds on my Tele.

8. Nickfl

Nickfl Tele-Holic

May 24, 2016
    Florida
    Here are a few of mine:

Silvertone 1459

IMG_20180112_011343.jpg

Tweed Overdrive Special build

IMG_20170922_004006.jpg

Thunderbolt based build

IMG_20170710_184942.jpg

Brown Amp Hybrid (6g3/6g11) Build

IMG_20170426_235300.jpg

Jet City 20 head (custom front panel, because the stock one was ugly)

IMG_20170430_232313.jpg

Bassman Micro head build and custom 2x10" cab

IMG_20170220_230142.jpg

Silverface Vibrolux Reverb

IMG_20161207_181144.jpg

Silvertone 1484, with custom 2x10 again

IMG_0129.JPG

5e3 build and 5f1

IMG_20160929_215257.jpg

gridlock, Pickcity, 24 track and 4 others like this.

9. jimytheassassin

jimytheassassin TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Oneida, NY
    1. U.K. Made ; 2003 Carlsbro 50 Top and 4x12 ; [ prototype made for 2004 winter NAMM. Signed and dated inside. FOUND the cabinet in California and then found the matching head in TEXAS two months later. The odds of having reunited them is staggering. Near as I can tell, the only one on cream covering on exhibit that year. It's got that great clean to plexi tone when pushed. I hate to compare it to a Marshall because it's got its own unique awesomeness going on. This is my weekly player at practice ]
    IMG_4782.JPG
    2. U.K. Made ; 2003 Carlsbro 59 Spirit. [ I could fill a book with the story on this one. It's another prototype amp made for 2004 winter NAMM. Only one was made despite the interest it generated. The build on this one spared no expense. It's my best combo amp and it sounds amazing. Impeccable build quality just like the 50 Top. Speaker is a U.K. Celestion classic lead 80. Fun fact ; the Cabinet was actually made by Matamp in the U.K. ]
    IMG_4452.JPG
    3. 1982 Marshall JCM800 (2204) 50 watt head [bought it cheap and it has that great rock sound. And even though I prefer cleaner tones, it's sticking around with me]

4. Fender Greta 2 watt amp [fathers day gift and living room practice amp so this has immunity from ever being sold]
    IMG_5735.JPG
    5. Fender 5e3 tweed deluxe Clone in a purple "mini blues breaker" cabinet wIth two alnico 10" speakers. [ The circuit more closely resembles "the edge" version. Mercury magnetics transformers. High quality build. This is my low watt gigging amp ATM. Picked it up for $93 shipped to my door. Lol ]

IMG_3789.JPG
    6. Various amp projects lumped into one. But the real number of amps is around 8+ if I ever get them finished. 1965 Ampeg Rocket II. 1967 Ampeg Gemini II. VHT 36 watt TMB build. Fender Harvard clone.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018

10. dr_tom

dr_tom Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2013
    Ontario
    Four amps. A SF Fender Twin Reverb, AB763 (late 60's). A Deluxe Reverb Reissue. A Traynor YCV40 with two 10 inch speakers and a Traynor YCV20. Used to own a SF Vibrolux Reverb and a SF Princeton Reverb but sold those back when I was a teenager (some 30+ years ago now).

AlbertaGriff likes this.

11. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Sep 2, 2016
    Houston, TX
    The FFG? LOL!

12. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

Feb 12, 2011
    Southern IL
    60 Tweed Deluxe
    60 Brown Super
    61 Brown Princeton
    65 Vibrolux Reverb
    66 Princeton Reverb
    67 Deluxe Reverb
    70 Marshall Small Box 50
    5F1 Champ Clone
    5E3 Deluxe Clone
    5F4 Super Clone
    5F8 Twin Clone
    6G3 Deluxe Clone

13. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    FamilyPic.jpg 66 Bandmaster
    67 Bassman
    68 Princeton Reverb
    77 Vibro Champ

..And an 80's solid state Traynor that I picked up for $20.

14. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

Feb 12, 2011
    Southern IL
    It has been a long while since I saw a Drip Edge Bassman in such nice condition.

AlbertaGriff likes this.

15. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    Western Canada
    @AlbertaGriff those are looking very classy. Great collection. I do have a soft spot for the drip edge.

24 track and AlbertaGriff like this.

16. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    It's perfect except for some cat scratch on one side of the cab.

17. PennyCentury

PennyCentury Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2009
    New Hampshire
    - Yamaha THR-100C
    - Fender Super Champ X2
    - Crate BX-50
    - Roland JC-22
    - Boss Katana 50

18. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    wow ! The amps listed and shown above are incredible . Some guys "WHY they have them" is even better than the amps !

great stuff from all, thx for sharing. Keep em coming .

bparnell57 likes this.

19. Pickcity

Pickcity Tele-Meister

Oct 12, 2017
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I have a Fender Super Champ X2 15w, Fender Mustang II 40w, Honeytone, and a no name SS 5 watt amp from the....60's or 70's...Maybe? I paid $5 for it in a second hand store...I also have a Luna 25w acoustic amp, and a Marshall AS100D acoustic amp that is simply phenomenal.
    So 6 amps right now.
    I took a hiatus from playing live for 3 years and sold most of my electric gear, including most of my guitars. At one time I had at least 15 amps. It is a sickness. The one I regret letting go of the most is my Deville 40w.

20. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

Dec 21, 2015
    Caraquet N.-B. Canada
    -1948 Fender Princeton
    -1952 Gibson GA20
    -1956 Fender Deluxe
    -1958 Fender Pro
    -1959 Gibson GA20 Ranger
    -1959 Fender Bassman RI
    -1962/63 Pepco
    -1964 early blackface Bassman
    -1986 Fender stage 185
    -2008 Fender hot rod Deville 212
    -2010/11 Vox AC15 HW1x

I love those vintage amps...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.