Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This Is Awfully Strange....

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by soulman969, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Bubbalou

Bubbalou Tele-Meister

Feb 28, 2012
    Euless, Texas
    Same thing here! I love playin Bass but this CVC thing is nice to fool around with.

This has been the best mystery novel I have read;)

2. tribute1

tribute1 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 17, 2011
    benfleet
    Check that you've remembered to snip' the neck cover to ground wire, (If you have a metal neck cover), and have added another wire to solder as a "third" extra ground to the existing solder point where the other two are connected.. Then wire the original neck hot wire to the 2nd tag (the side away from you) and the other 2 remaining wires both to the back if the pot! If you don't do this, you'll get the neck pickup on at all positions, and the bridge disappears on 2 positions! So check on U-Tube.... There are great instructions on how to snip this cover wire and how to add' a new ground from the pickup! Once done properly, Your 4 way will be a great asset and won't hum!

3. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    My brother this issue was resolved long ago. This was over three years ago and although it took a little interference from a luthier friend of mine, preceded by an exorcism to get the demons out of it, that guitar has been purring along nicely ever since.

The pickups are Keystones which are actually pre-wired for a 4-way install so the step you suggested isn't even needed. Bill thought of everything God bless him.

We just ended up wiring it with the Series in position #1 rather than #4 and it worked like a charm. I've drawn up and posted the wiring scheme we used and although it's not very traditional it works fine. But then I'm not all that traditional anyway so it fits me to a tee. :D LOL

EDIT: Oh hell where's my manners. Welcome to TDPRI tribute1. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.