Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This Facebook Walmart hijack

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by Stevenk734, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Stevenk734

Stevenk734 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sep 29, 2017
    Boston
    Any advice out there, as to how to get rid of this Facebook Walmart web site hijack. I can never get on this site anymore.
    Should I not use my iPhone, make any settings changes. Any suggestions out there would be appreciated.
    thanks folks
    Steve k

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    It's a iphone only malware. You've picked up. Use a computer and you'll never see it. But it will stay stuck on your iphone for a while.

You can try clearing the data cache for Safari and that sometimes works with a reboot of the phone after deleting the cache.

Here's a video:

3. Stevenk734

Sep 29, 2017
    Boston
    Thanks. I just tried the cache clear. Didn't work. I am having better luck using chrome as my iPhone browser, at least right now. Perhaps that might help others. It's a real problem.
    I will try the safari clearand reboot again.
    Is there anything the admins can do about this.
    Thx

4. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I was getting it at the strat site but never here. I became a supporter of the site (no ads), cleared my cache, did hard restart of my iPhone, and have not seen it again.

5. Stevenk734

Sep 29, 2017
    Boston

6. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Unfortunately not. You can use the App rather than the browser. Or a desktop computer.

BuckSatan likes this.

7. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

8. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Try a hard reset by holding down the home button and power button together until it reboots.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.