Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WetBandit, May 16, 2018.

1. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Weird, I thought you posted a pic. Been watching too many threads tonight!

2. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2016
    Lol, no I didn't post any, stratoman posted a pic of his.

I'm currently dealing with peghole issue... the conversion bushings are still a but sloppy in the holes, I'm thinking on wrapping them in Teflon or masking tape (paper=wood) to tighten them up.

Then I have to drill the screw holes to the correct size. May have to dowel the top screw holes...

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    When we sold the home we had before our present home. We caught the market on a high, and sold our home at a price that set us up for retirement. I could hardly believe our good fortune until the money was securely in the bank. Another time I felt that way was when (those days are long gone) I managed to put a considerable amount of money into a CD that paid 10% a year for five years. I'm not very smart, but there's no question I'm pretty lucky, and blessed with good fortune.

bender66, jannodude, BopT and 2 others like this.

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Not to that extent, but once my wife and I bought a Television that was on sale at a good price for the time. The TV was marked down from 1099.00 to 800.00. We went to check out, and the cashier said that'll be 650.00, including tax. I said you might want to check your figures. A department manager overheard us talking, came over and looked the figures over, and said, that'll be 650.00 out the door, is there a problem? I said, no, there's no problem and paid the man. At least I tried.

5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

If this is about music gear, my post-GAS keeper acoustic and electric hit me more than material objects should.

The deal called marriage can still hit me. I never thought marriage or kids would be for me. 29 years with same woman and I'm still crazy about her. 3 tough years with cancer and stuff that breaks some apart only make me more crazy for her. It that's a deal or a job, it's one where I know why we should work hard for the rewards that might come from it.

jannodude likes this.

6. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Humboldt County, CA
    You ripped off the music store. You should have contacted them and insisted on paying what you owed. Shame.

awasson, dan1952 and Toto'sDad like this.

7. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Your services as a Shame Policeman in good standing are not required. The statute of limitations have long ago ran out on Pap Joe's misdeeds.

[​IMG]

8. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    I kinda have a backwards experience on this

Very young I was involved on massive litigation with big numbers in it

Some days saying the right thing would mean winning 500k extra for a client

I came to realise the people who looked down and wobbled on the tightrope would lose the game, so I knew to ignore the part of my brain which would look down and worry about the distance to fall when it came to it being my money at risk

Kiplingesque, but fear is no good. Fear of loss makes a lot of people lose

Chicago Matt likes this.

9. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    You should have been nervous, the stuff's probably hot.

10. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Did you test it first? It's probably all baking soda and laxative. Be careful who you dump that stuff on, they're not gonna be happy. And don't even think about using it yourself.

Oops, too late.

RLee77, BuckSatan, outbreak and 2 others like this.

11. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2016

I see what you did here...Lol:rolleyes:

But actually all of it is really nice stuff, most of it fairly high end.

12. WetBandit

WetBandit Tele-Afflicted

Oct 11, 2016
    Well if it is they are completley stupid for letting me photograph them and their drivers license.

I'm not worried. Besides the bulk of it I've already sold on for a hefty profit.

13. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Maybe if you had read the entire post you should have read that I did indeed call them..

14. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Humboldt County, CA
    I read the entire post. I doubt they would have shined $950 in 1973 if you had thoroughly explained what was going on. $950 then would be around $5000 today.

I’ve had the chance to take advantage of people’s mistakes like that before. I don’t do it. It’s wrong. But you knew that.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Chicago Matt, Toto'sDad and dan1952 like this.

15. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Humboldt County, CA
    Oh, then it’s okay since he ripped them off so long ago.

dan1952 likes this.

16. Torz Johnson

Torz Johnson Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2003
    NY
    I guess that means Hitler's in the clear too.

Toto'sDad, outbreak and Torren61 like this.

17. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    DD5C7F3A-A3D7-4376-93B2-2B0BC4850E0B.jpeg I just got a pup from the Humane Society for $200 bucks including all his shots, free months health insurance, and free visit to the vet of my choice. After 2 weeks he’s already worth $1,000,000.auuuhhhhhh! (Thought I’d lighten things up here).

Bill, RLee77, jannodude and 6 others like this.

18. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 30, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Good bye Sir..I wish you the best..

8barlouie and Toto'sDad like this.

19. outbreak

outbreak Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2007
    Australia
    You bought a dog to resell for profit?

20. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    You know I once worked with a guy who came up with completely outlandish utterly ridiculous examples of silliness just like the one you just cited! If you can't see the difference between the two examples, then I'm as helpless to explain it to you as I was to him. You might try the Mall I've heard their looking for a man with your talents!

bender66 and RLee77 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.