Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Thinline revamped.

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Garruchal, May 13, 2018.

1. Garruchal

Garruchal Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Seattle
    teleThinline01.jpg
    After a long while, I have this guitar just where I want it and it plays like a dream.
    It started out as a used Squier CV thinline, now has:
    Warmoth 1-11/16ths modern neck
    Fender Noiseless pickups
    Bigsby B5 on a Vibramate mount
    straplocks
    Tronical tuners.
    The Squier neck was pretty good, but someone had leveled the frets down too much and this Warmoth bird-seye neck is amazing. The noiseless pickups are because I play in theaters and everything has to be dead quiet. The Tronical tuners are for quick changes into alternate tunings when we are covering songs which need them. Weighs in at 6-1/2 lbs.

The last detail was the Bigsby; it was far less responsive than the B7 on my Gretsch, and I was disappointed. What I didn't realize is that the strings were binding, which some pencil-graphite solved. It is smooth as water now and sounds great.

I'll be gigging it on June 1st with my Spaghetti Western band. Really looking forward to it.
    teleThinline02.jpg

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Well done, looks great, too!

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Me likey!!!

What kind of songs are on a spaghetti western playlist?

TeleTucson likes this.

4. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land
    Nice. I love the guitars that I've made my own and I'm sure you do as well. Nothing like a personalized one off. Congrats and enjoy.

Kriticaster and DHart like this.

5. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    A friend of mine just put those noiseless Fenders in the necks of two guitars. I was surprised by how nice they sounded!

6. Garruchal

Garruchal Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Seattle
    We play a mix of songs we wrote which are similar to the scores of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in America" as well as some songs that fit well (when played with twangy surf guitar) including "Alone Again Or", "Kodachrome", "The Man Who Sold the World". Most of our stuff is original, though.

Kriticaster likes this.

7. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Thats a cool looking set up. Im tossing around the idea of using a Bigsby on a future build.

8. Garruchal

Garruchal Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2013
    Seattle
    Yeah, I was worried about losing the Tele character, but I like these pickups. They aren't the most raucous rock pickups, but they do a good job on the stuff I do. Another Tele player subbed for me last Saturday, and in rehearsal I got to compare her tele to mine, playing through my amp. Her pickups were louder, and had a bit more bass. They also had some hum, so she opted to play in middle position for most of the show. These noiseless pickups have a nice, glassy sound but can get plenty gritty with the right amp settings.

Kriticaster likes this.

9. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2010
    Nonurbana
    They are a nice alternative for a clean neck sound, for sure. I was surprised.

10. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Holic

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK

On top of spaghetti,
    All covered with cheese,
    I lost my poor meatball,
    When somebody sneezed.

It rolled off the table,
    And on to the floor,
    And then my poor meatball,
    Rolled out of the door.

It rolled in the garden,
    And under a bush,
    And then my poor meatball,
    Was nothing but mush.

The mush was as tasty
    As tasty could be,
    And then the next summer,
    It grew into a tree.

The tree was all covered,
    All covered with moss,
    And on it grew meatballs,
    And tomato sauce.

So if you eat spaghetti,
    All covered with cheese,
    Hold on to your meatball,
    Whenever you sneeze.

Or maybe Penne from Heaven by Bing Crosby or the Janis Joplin song Pizza My Heart or...okay, I’ll stop now :(

zippofan and TheOneTrueSID like this.

11. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Nice Thinline!
    I finally got mine where I want it with a Warmoth birds eye maple neck too. The Squier neck was a bit thin for me, I tried a cheap Mighty Mite that was a little better, but the Warmoth was night and day.

Kriticaster likes this.

12. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Congrats on your instrument. These are wonderful guitars! And when you make them your own, through parts swaps/mods, then they really take on a personal level of satisfaction that's awesome. (Nice Princeton, BTW!)

My own started out (for me) as a stripped CV Thinline mahogany body, no neck, no electronics, no nothing but the body. Which was exactly what I wanted to begin creating my build.

The CV Thinline mahogany body is really well made and perfectly spec'd for accepting Fender USA, Fender MIM, or Fender Japan necks and pick guards. THAT is a big plus right there!

Mine has a Fender Japan tinted and figured maple neck (taken from a Fender Japan Pawn Shop '51 guitar that I once had, but sold the body), black Fender '69 pickguard (sourced from Reverb), Rob's Cavalier Lioness and Huge Lion pickups (superb tone), premium electronics wiring and components, and a Fender Standard Tele bridge (modern).

I absolutely love this guitar! Great tone, great playability, and just 7 lbs. in weight. Winner, winner... what's not to love about that!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Kriticaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.