Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Thinline colour combo - I can't decide!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Lefty Addams, May 12, 2018.

Which colour combo do you prefer?

1. Bordeaux metallic with white pearl guard

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. Daphne blue with tortoiseshell guard

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    thinlinecombo2.jpg

Hi - planning my next partscaster and I can't decide on colour. Pickups and neck I'm settled on, but colour I can't decide, so thought I would have a poll to see how others feel. I know it's left handed and no, its not backwards, so please get over that and just give me feedback on colour choice - thanks!

View attachment 513935

Last edited: May 12, 2018

2. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Between the two, I'd go with the blue but I'd put the white pearl on it instead. The tort is a nice contrast, but looks out of place IMO.

Where would you get these built?

ianstrike, craigio, trapdoor2 and 2 others like this.

3. Lefty Addams

May 6, 2012
    England
    Hey Numbs thanks mate, I dunno who is going to build at present, it's still at the planning stage!

Nubs likes this.

4. Itchyfeet1000

Itchyfeet1000 TDPRI Member

May 9, 2018
    Plymouth, England
    I'm with Nubs. Blue guitar with a white pearl pickguard.

Not that I'm biased at all

ianstrike and Lefty Addams like this.

5. jdkr

jdkr TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Vancouver
    I like the red, with either pickguard. I think the tort might do well on the red.
    J

Nubs likes this.

6. jdkr

jdkr TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Vancouver
    If you put the screen close to your face and go crosseyed the middle guitar will be red with the tort pickguard. o_O

Lefty Addams likes this.

7. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Meister

Feb 23, 2018
    Nawth Alabama
    Yah, I'm good with the pg switch. Red with tort, blue with pearl. Nod goes to blue though.

I am not a maple neck fan. I'd go with the blue, pearl and rosewood...'cause I got red, mint and rosewood covered already. :D

8. Darasick

Darasick TDPRI Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I'm a fan of tort so my choice would be blue and tort, but pearl works too.

Lefty Addams likes this.

9. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ...maybe some clarification - in the poll, you are asking about Bordeaux red - what exactly do you mean by that? a slightly red-wine-ish red? Because I'm not convinced that your mock-up looks so Bordeaux-ish. It's kind of important, IMO, because I don't think tort looks so wonderful on a red that leans towards the wine spectrum.

Exhibit A, if you will: a Nashville set up MIM Telecaster from maybe 2010? I flipped the image for the left-handed perspective. In this case, the tort makes me a little queasy - queasy enough that I sold that tele.
    Bordeaux red with tort.jpg
    I guess all in all, I prefer the daphne blue choice, with whatever guard you go with, although the mother of pearl is not my family...

10. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Aug 13, 2007
    ME
    I agree!

Lefty Addams likes this.

11. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    As much as I like blue (and I'd love another blue guitar!), in this case I vote the red metallic. I am biased though, my favorite Tele is midnight wine.

Lefty Addams likes this.

12. Lefty Addams

May 6, 2012
    England
    Bordeaux metallic is a Fender colour, they offer it in the Mod Shop, it's a darker red, certainly darker than CAR, and infinitely darker than hot rod red or dakota red, for me it's all about contrast, red with a tortoiseshell doesn't give me the effect I'm after, but thanks for your comments.

13. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Sea foam green with parchment.

Nubs likes this.

14. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Bordeaux with white pearloid for me. I prefer a much deeper blue on guitars.

15. Lefty Addams

May 6, 2012
    England
    So do i usually, blue is my fave colour, but for a change, you know ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.