Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Things you care about that no one else does...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2017
    Moravian Falls, NC

Have in fact read Shamela, Joseph Andrews, and Tom Jones.

Sadly, I’ve also read Pamela. Even sadder, I’ve read Clarissa.

soulgeezer likes this.
  2. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I've recently been flamed on a social media platform for answering a question posed by a sports media company about whether Diego Maradona is the greatest footballer to ever grace the World Cup. (I couldn't care less about the "flaming", BTW).

Maradona had more talent than almost any player I've seen since starting to watch the game in the mid-60s. However, he put the ball in the net with his hand, deliberately, during a World Cup knock out game with England and boasts about it to this day.

That "goal" won the game for Argentina. It's even become referred to as "The hand of God" goal. Much as I admire his skill with his feel, he is a cheat and there's little more in life that I hate than a cheat.

What's really ironic is that even England fans have said "oh, it's all just part of the game". No it isn't. The fact that the referee and linesmen (allegedly) missed it makes it all the more frustrating as it's a straight sending off offence and that's what should have happened. We may still have lost but we'd have been beaten fairly.

So, although this example isn't a daily occurrence, it's the sort of thing that people see and say "well, if he can get away with it, why shouldn't I?" and then get aggressive when someone who does care about sportsmanlike behaviour pulls them up about it.

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

yeah, but you'd have to find that one mulleted dude who was in the market for 'rare' 38 special pressings... that could be a lot of driving down dead end roads where lots of dogs are under the porch.

4. dotpc

dotpc TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Everett, WA
    Secure, encrypted communication.

Privacy.

5. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I wasn't thinking about 38 Special (not even sure who they are) I was just thinking about mis-pressed vinyl in general :cool:

6. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Not quite no one else cares about. I've just about worn the digital grooves off of It'll Shine When It Shines.

7. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    I care about all the suffering in the world. I don’t like to see people feeling sad. So I try to play a ditty or make them laugh when I can so they can forget about their problems if only for a moment. Other than that, I haven’t done much. For that I’m ashamed.

I look around the world and I see that nobody cares about anyone but themselves. I worry about that.

JL_LI likes this.
  8. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

the folk rock steely dan! I loved them... gypsy forest we played a million times in college.

9. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    Slowpokes in fast lanes.

Casual, random disdain for the maintenance of order in dishwashers, cutlery drawers and nation states.

(A'postrophe's' hav'e al'ready be'en m'entioned.)

JL_LI and getbent like this.
  10. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    I think we've conclusively disproved Bluesky's hypothesis that no one but him cares about the Daredevils. It's late in Australia, so I'm turning in, but I'll be humming a version of Chicken Train as I go.

Johnson johnson and getbent like this.
  11. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Apparently the label is usually correct for the sleeve, (mine is) it's just the music pressing on one side that is wrong, drop the needle and "Hold on Loosely' comes blaring out of your speakers.

12. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

On the millennial front; perhaps being subject to, experiencing, or witnessing a sudden job loss due to nonfeasance would create a teachable moment for them. I have found this produces a sense of ownership within them. And for those that this doesn't occur within, they are no longer are my problem because I or their former colleagues are not cleaning up their mess.

13. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    ”Things you care about that no one else does...”

Not sure...waiting for a response

14. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    The driver's who think doing the speed limit is being a slow poke. They seem to consider the left lane as the "Go As Fast As You Want" lane.

15. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Dispelling the myths of directional cable, tonewood, nitro lacquer, and the effect the composition of caps. has on tone.

Jimmy Owen likes this.
  16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

^^^ Loneliest guy on TDPRI.

telemnemonics likes this.
  17. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    And that may be the crux of it right there. It seems some people govern their actions by asking "what is right and fair?" Others by asking "what can I get away with?"

And because there is a chance you can do something wrong but get away with it, that becomes part of the game. So to some it is a perfectly acceptable chance to get ahead.

Others see it as an opportunity to test and prove their integrity.

Paul Jenkin likes this.
  18. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Thanks! Should I read Pamela first?

19. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    If you can get through Pamela, you're a better man than I, Gunga Din! It's a slog. But, Shamela is great, even if you haven't read Pamela. Seriously, there's no reason to put yourself through that torture!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.