Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Things That Flew over Your Head

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Recce, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I posted on a different thread and then thought that flew over your head fourteen times before you went that actually is....

Things that flew over your head until someone explained it or you eventually got it.

Why yes that is Aretha

2. Captain Jack is about a heroin addict. Someone explained this to me.

3. Puff the Magic Dragon. Well just never mind I was young and naive.

2. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Tele-Holic

Aug 2, 2011
    Branson, Mo
    Some guys told me that they went for a hike, and while they were hiking, somebody moved their car.

They had to explain to me that that somebody "moving their car" was an indirect way of saying that they got lost.

Some of you may remember hearing in John Prine song "little pitchers have big ears," which adults used to use to remind one another that a child may be eavesdropping on a sensitive conversation.

DonM likes this.

3. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    That Shaggy and Scoobie were tokers. Loved that show, never thought of it until I was in Walmart and seen a Scoobie Doo DVD and a lady advised me they were evil

4. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    I still don t know if the "Get off my cloud" girl was pregnant, or had VD.

5. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Someone told me that “the rabbit done died” in the Aerosmith song Walk This Way was about his girlfriend being pregnant or avoiding a pregnancy.

6. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    The rabbits were used as a test. Alive not, Dead pregnant.

troy2003 likes this.

7. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX

yep, that test and the jokes that were based on it? An indirect but probably reliable age indicator.

nojazzhere likes this.

8. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty

9. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    the fact that I do not deserve love flew over my head for quite some time. after I figured that one out, things were a lot simpler

drf64, coolikedat99 and Piggy Stu like this.

10. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    First day of First Grade, the nun told us we need to bring a tablet to school tomorrow. I was like why do we need to bring a pill to school? Nobody told me a tablet is a notebook. No wonder I hated school.

Blue Bill, TigerG and nojazzhere like this.

11. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2016
    Duarte, CA
    Johnny Cash. It took me a long time to really understand how special he was.

Gibson, Teleterr and ndcaster like this.

12. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    My second grade teacher asked who would like to clean the erasers. I offered to do it and started to wash them in the sink. Everyone started laughing at me. Apparently, there was a vacuum machine for this and I was the only one who didn't know about it.

HotRodSteve, TigerG and nojazzhere like this.

13. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    2006: I learned that Paris Hilton was a person. I had heard the name for years but assumed it was a reality show about a hotel in France.

14. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Holic

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    I'm going literal with this one....

I was camping with some buddies in the tail end of the Sierra Nevadas years ago up around an area near Lake Elizabeth. We spent the weekend mountain biking, rock climbing and swimming in the Kern River. One day we were mountain biking high up on a ridge above the canyon floor when all we heard were "whizzes" in the air around our heads.......ppppheeeeww, ppppheeeew. I was looking around wondering what it was until my buddy, familiar with guns, realized that bullets were passing all around us! "Hit the deck!" he yelled. We all dove off our bikes and crouched on the trail yelling "stop f'in shooting!!!" We had no idea where it was coming from so after it stopped for a spell, we got on our bikes and rode out of there like bats out of hell.

badfish_lewis and coolikedat99 like this.

15. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Jazz. It wasn't until I watched Ken Burns' documentary that I finally got it. Well, sort of anyway.

16. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown

17. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Seems like poor self esteem to me. Your kids love you because you're a good dad, right? Don't let that kind of stuff escape you.

18. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Talkin more like romantic mush love, not love from your kids. They kinda gotta do that, along with your folks :)

Nah. Ask any of my exes, they'll tell you.

If I knew how to deserve it, I would, if I could. But I don't, by consensus, so I've learned to accept that.

19. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Your exes thought you deserved love at some point, or they wouldn't have given it to you. Accepting and expecting love could be the problem rather than deserving it.

Don't get too hung up on anything I say. I'm a first class a-hole, but you seem like a decent guy. Don't forget that. :)

blowtorch likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.