Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Thin vintage binding problems

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jadedsoul, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    Hi guys.. so im on a new project. Hondo2 Les Paul. that was is a bad way i got it for a good price and felt happy with the price and happy with the fact ill have a summer project.. so v just been looking at the binding and its hair line cracked all over. bits missing and knock outs. so i thought may aswell remove the binding and put in some new in the same way. problem is. and athis is strange, there is no binding channel it seems to be some type of cap thats thick white with bwbwbw stripes on the top... so after a miner inspection i realise i cant stick in any new binding as there no channel to put it into. seems a very strange method Japan used back in 73... so maybe somebody has be here where i am now or has some tips for me as to how to tackle it. i have no routing gear for binding channels btw... major ball pains.... the front i had to sand back to wood to then re spray back to original wine Burgundy id like to get it all back to original. man the Dimarzios are the best pups iv ever heard, Now. i potted them as they where badly micro-phonic and where squealing at high gains.... anyway hope i can get some tips from the gurus on here. hope everybody is good and still doing there things... cheers guys.

2. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Tele-Afflicted

Jun 26, 2014
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Could you share a photo or two of what the binding looks like??

I know it would help me to visualize what you have a bit better.

Thanks!

3. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2013
    TINY ENGLAND
    will do in the morn buddy.... splif time then bed :)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.