Hi guys.. so im on a new project. Hondo2 Les Paul. that was is a bad way i got it for a good price and felt happy with the price and happy with the fact ill have a summer project.. so v just been looking at the binding and its hair line cracked all over. bits missing and knock outs. so i thought may aswell remove the binding and put in some new in the same way. problem is. and athis is strange, there is no binding channel it seems to be some type of cap thats thick white with bwbwbw stripes on the top... so after a miner inspection i realise i cant stick in any new binding as there no channel to put it into. seems a very strange method Japan used back in 73... so maybe somebody has be here where i am now or has some tips for me as to how to tackle it. i have no routing gear for binding channels btw... major ball pains.... the front i had to sand back to wood to then re spray back to original wine Burgundy id like to get it all back to original. man the Dimarzios are the best pups iv ever heard, Now. i potted them as they where badly micro-phonic and where squealing at high gains.... anyway hope i can get some tips from the gurus on here. hope everybody is good and still doing there things... cheers guys.