Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Thickness of CV Tele Thinline neck?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ald1972, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ald1972

ald1972 TDPRI Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Boston, MA
    For those who have played one - what is the thickness of a CV Tele Thinline neck like at the first few frets?

I do lots of chord work at the first few frets (and many of those chords are two-finger A-shaped barres) and I am fearful of a neck that I would consider to be "too thin".

For reference's sake I would consider the current USA Standard Stratocaster neck to be "just about too thin for me - but probably OK" at the first fret, the Standard Telecaster (MIM) neck to be "medium thickness" at the first fret, and the Baja Tele neck to be "delightfully thick" at the first fret.

Thanks!

2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I owned two of those necks, both quartersawn. IIRC they were both around 0.83" at the 1st fret. Replaced it with a Squier 72 Thinline neck, slightly better... 0.88", plus more shoulder.

3. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I'd say my MIM was thinner than my CV. Nut might have been wider on the MIM could have made made me perceive it as such.

4. The Little Guy

The Little Guy Tele-Meister

May 18, 2014
    Bronte, Texas
    Mine was thin. I never bonded with it.

scrimmer likes this.
  5. plaidbeer

plaidbeer TDPRI Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Mine was surprisingly thick-ish. More substantial than the CVC Tele I tried in a Sam Ash and the CV50s Strat I have now. Kinda wish it was a little thinner like the Strat.

6. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Aug 13, 2007
    ME
    My CV Thinline neck feels fuller than either my CV50s blonde or CVC. Shape almost feels more of a U compared to the shallow C of the CVC. I don't like thin necks but have no complaints about the CV Thinline.

Note: Al of my CV Teles are fairly early production - not sure if neck profiles have changed over the years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.