The Worst Smell In The World!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boneyguy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

The worst smell in the world is when a bad smell (poop, b.o, bad breath, fart) is trying to be masked with a chemical fragrance that they've brainwashed people into thinking is a nice smell. B.O mixed with cologne...puke!! If you don't have fresh pits just give me the unadulterated smelly armpit stank without the toxic Dow chemical enhancement that's causing cellular destruction with every inhale. Please!

It's something I haven't understood for many years how humans have become seduced into believing these toxic chemical odours are pleasing scents. They just smell like toxic chemicals to my nose. Once you've passed the age of 17 and have the clarity of mind to see that it wasn't really a poosy attractant you were applying then you should leave it alone and just smell like a clean, bathed adult human from then on.

And people are VERY touchy about this subject. They are very attached to these stinky chemicals....they have become part of their identity it would seem. That's MY smell!! And of course a typical response is for someone to assert, "I only put on just the tiniest little bit of...." NO. NO YOU DON'T!! I can smell you across the room. Only you think it's a small amount! The rest of us are having trouble breathing!

It's a lovely spring day today here, finally, and I'm working outside washing windows and doors.....enjoying the sun and warmth of a perfect spring day. And the door of my neighbour's house opens and now all I can smell is men's cologne....from that far away. But if I enquired of the young man who's wearing it (and is fortunately only staying a short while) he would undoubtedly plead that "I'm only wearing the tiniest little bit of....blah, blah, blah" His dog smells of the same cologne.

My beautiful spring day now smells like I live next door to a chemical factory....so I've come inside for some respite.

So, a question for these challenging times we live in. In your opinion, is having someone else's chemical masking agent assaulting your olfactory senses formally any different than having someone's loud music assaulting your auditory senses? I'm guessing you already know how I'd answer this. :D

It's acceptable to go next door and politely ask someone to please turn down their music a bit....so can I go next door and ask this dude to turn down the stink a little bit?

Oh, and get off my lawn! (I throw that in there so y'all don't think I'm being completely serious about my rant....but I am actually very serious.....I hate the chemical stank!)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    telemnemonics, voskarp and dan1952 like this.
  2. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Meister

My uncle was over one time. I had some of that orange oil spray in the head. He emerged after an ugly-sounding ten minutes but had used the spray. I had to pee like a mf so I asked him how it was in there. He said it smelled like a bear took a dump in an orange grove. He was right.

3. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Some of those citrus oil sprays I can tolerate....they don't have that harsh chemical smell.

Bluego1 likes this.
  4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You rang?

boneyguy likes this.
  5. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Not a fan of stale perfume.

brookdalebill likes this.
  6. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'm in double jeopardy here. I've never had a keen sense of smell, and I'm losing my hearing. If I live long enough I'll have an insane tolerance level to both. I'll probably just hang out in seedy bars all day and flop houses all night and think I'm getting a bargain.

7. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Afflicted

I cannot tolerate the smell of men's cologne.
    Nor can I stand the smell of women's perfume.

It's all too strong and vulgar for my senses, and if I board an elevator and somebody is wearing such a thing, I get off and wait for the next car.

Can't stand it.
    Blech.

:(

OldDude2 and boneyguy like this.
  8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

A high school classmate, Phil P. was was stoner of the highest (pun intended) order.
    After smoke breaks, he’d douse himself in English Leather after shave.
    Phew!
    Stankin’!

9. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Holic

I've been dealing with this lately as my 22 yr niece is living with us and she loves to load on the perfume when she goes out. not just perfume, every product she owns seems to assault my nose in some way. makes me want to leave my own home.

boneyguy likes this.
  10. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Meister

One of my last meals out at a restaurant was ruined by an over cologner.... yuck

Chiogtr4x and boneyguy like this.
  11. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

12. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

13. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

14. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Nvm

15. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

The worst I've ever smelled was driving thru small Texas panhandle town that had a beef processing plant. Rotten meat death smell to the max....ugh! It is worse than Jr hi boys after pe and no shower but spray axe on top. But just barely. Lol

boneyguy likes this.
  16. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I used to teach English for a paper company that was trying to branch out into things like chemical deodorizer for cars, public restrooms, etc. one day an R&D guy came to my office to get a “foreigner’s” opinion about which of several synthetic deodorizer scents was the most pleasant, and I had to tell him, “sorry, all of that stuff smells nauseating.” He was a bit flummoxed...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    boneyguy likes this.
  17. Dixon in Korea

Dixon in Korea Tele-Meister

As much as I hate the smell of stinky chemicals, I think the smell of the first subway train on a Sunday morning might be worse.

boneyguy likes this.
  18. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

My wife and daughters are big on scented candles. I am not. Conveniently, it's a good enough reason to head into another room and play guitar.

John How, newrider1969 and boneyguy like this.
  19. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Meister

When I saw the thread title, I was certain you had found my sneakers. I'll keep looking for them.

JayFreddy, Digital Larry and boneyguy like this.
  20. 68tele

68tele Tele-Afflicted

Even some dish soap has perfume added. Wtf, I do not want clean dishes that smell like a summer's eve.

flathd and boneyguy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.