Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

The World Hates Runners

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boris bubbanov, Aug 10, 2017.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    We will...and Canada will pay for it.

2. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    I don't like to repeat myself but here goes:

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Sorry BB, I was going to reply but I can't find either post.

Weird...or something.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA

Dude, I read the whole thread. You are starting and ending from a dumb position, assuming everybody hates runners at the same time as you want to claim everybody is magically attracted to runners and thereby ruins it for runners because they love them so much they show up with their inappropriate and uncool bikes and walkers and then hate runners. It makes zero sense.

Bottom line here is a complete a-hole runner shoved a woman into the street where she was nearly hit by a bus. That's not really a good hill for you to build whatever castle of grievance you are trying to build.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Nickfl, RomanS and Boubou like this.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Cut it out; there are two posts immediately above that one, and neither is yours. With all due respect, you already got your reply.

7. maxvintage

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA

Are you shoving me off the road?

8. Johnson johnson

Johnson johnson Tele-Meister

Dec 30, 2016
    Memphis
    I'm having trouble with why I just read this whole ridiculous thread.
    Ahh snap! I come here for the humor.

Doug 54 likes this.

9. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

My sister in law's brother has a "Kill 'em all and let god sort it out" t-shirt for such occasions.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    william tele likes this.

10. 1293

May 18, 2006

0.0_2048x2048.png

JuneauMike likes this.

11. 1293

May 18, 2006
    So what? They don't have any more right to use a public space than anyone else.

maxvintage and RomanS like this.

12. Boubou

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec

IMG_0058.JPG

Matt G, Anode100, RomanS and 4 others like this.

13. Boubou

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    After reading more posts I now understand that what the guy did is normal "I own the world " runner's attitude.
    Some people here made that quite clear.
    Count me in.
    Was not like that when I was running

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    RomanS likes this.

14. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Agree.

But some pedestrians make it their business to block anyone who seems to have somewhere to go.

I know ya'll see this. You're shopping, you have a plane to catch and there's a couple of these passive aggressive types, who position themselves in the aisle so you can't get by. You could stop, say hello, visit with them for 5 minutes and they'd still do you the same thing the next time you went in that store when they were there. The faster you are going, the more it seems to rob the other person of what tiny amount of self worth he or she still has. This is just one form of "Resent the Other" you will see out there. You'll see it on the highway; you'll see it on the beach. People try to time out their arrival at 4 way stops to create confusion, to tie up the other person "just because they can". People in vehicles crowd runners and bike riders off the pavement, with special points scored for forcing them to stop or making them fall.

My knees can't take full time running anymore, and on top of that the left posterior crucial ligament is shot. But I confess I do still see the world through the eyes of a runner. And I'm thinking about all the runners and former runners who enjoy excellent health (my Dad is 91) and all the non runners who have been dead for years, now. Criticism of runners collectively is cute, but I imagine they'll have the last laugh.

mgreene likes this.

15. maxvintage

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA

i wanna be really clear here: I'm not criticizing runners, I'm criticizing you. Unless it's is a joke and I'm just not getting it?

Because I don't really have a problem with "passive aggressive types" impeding my way. I mean, really, I just don't, and I walk fast and am a large impatient person and live in a semi-urban area. I just go around them or say "excuse me."

Living longer while resenting people and gloating about their deaths is really not that attractive a trait.

Doug 54 likes this.

16. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Tele-Afflicted

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC

17. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    ...and rightly so.

A more selfish group of road users I have yet to encounter.

uriah1 likes this.

18. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    Fair enough, Boris.

Last year, I was driving in my apartment complex, and an incompetent elderly lady approaching from the opposite direction crossed over to my side and hit me head on. All at very low speed for both vehicles. In theory I could reversed to a place of safety, but in actuality I was frozen in disbelief just long enough for the collision to occur. I think that happened here.

19. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

LutherBurger likes this.

20. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Meister

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    Every marathon is run on concrete... humans were designed to run ...

21. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    ...just like The Boss said...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.