This project has been floating around for quite some time. It was finished using a one piece maple neck that I made when first starting my building adventure. The trouble was there were some issues with the neck, the big one was it ended up being too narrow!! Honestly it was on the back burner for a very long time. Sometime in the spring a neck neck was started. Again using maple, but this time I used a huge flat sawn board that I ripped in two and glued up as quarter sawn. I got the idea from Fletcher. Wasn't sure what to do about a fingerboard, until Helmut gave me a Jotoba fingerboard. I used white clay fret markers, in retrospect probably not the best choice. The neck radius is 12" and it's a 22 fret neck with a small over hang. Again the neck was carved using Marty's facet method. I really love how this works and how accurate you can make the neck carve! Printed up my own headstock decal and buried it with clear. The only part of the headstock sprayed with clear is the face. For those who have seen the body before, it had been finished using Tru-oil. I didn't care for the inconsistent finish, so it was sanded level and sprayed with Miniwax clear lacquer.