Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week # 52

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    @pauljo1963 Excellent clean playing...loved it. It's straight up goodness :)

2. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    @Tele Wogan Welcome to the forum And...welcome to the world of digital recording !!! It does seem like it's unforgiving...but after a while, you'll find ways to go places you've never been before. I'm sure it will grow on you !!!
    Your first recording was ok...enough to tell you can play nicely
    But, your second recording is much better :D Very nice work...and you can hear it all too. Loved it :)
    And you can hear the beginnings of an expensive hobby scattered all through your first digital take...
    Just kidding here..;)
    Mike C.

alainvey likes this.

3. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Great takes since last I took a look here!

@udoering : it’s very cinematic, and yet another shade of blues to put it like Bonamassa. There is a lot of music in here (as always: your takes always have ideas and feel). A lot of guitar-savvy too – the seamless use of octaves, double stop, that snappy tone… The high bend at 1:10 is a thing of beauty, as are the broken chords just after.

@pauljo1963 : I especially liked the vibrato chords towards the end! Nice take!

@Tele Wogan Welcome! I listened to your second submission and: (a) the tone and sound were good, plus (b) great playing, great phrase at 2.30.

As you see, Garageband is very easy and intuitive. You’ll find out that you can do a lot (overdubs, fade ins, panning…) and that there are a number of very usable patches – explore them, play around with them, and find out (for basic clean to distorted tones I use “Chicken Picking”, “Cool jazz combo”, “Black DI”, “Fat face” and “Double Driven”… then there’s a lot more). If the iRig also let you control the amount of gain (as I believe), this opens up many tonal possibilities in the same take.

The next frontier for me will be to record decently and simply with an amp into Garageband… so far, results have not been stellar with either my microphone or the USB out of my amps, but that’s because I’ve been lazy…

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.