Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week # 52

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Here's another well done track by @MDent77 .A G Moore style backing track . Thank you MDent77 for your effort and time on these tracks . I'm really looking forward to hearing all your submission this week

[​IMG]

This is an open thread to all to post their own track and not a challenge against others but only to challenge your own self.

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it. Remember to have fun.:)

dswo and Bullfweet like this.

2. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    I love this type of feel tune. Did a take an hour ago. A bit saturated but oh well. :) I tried to keep simple and search for melody by tracing underlying chords. I dove into a little legato later on in the last verse just to give the illusion of some speed.

udoering, RadioFM74, Mjark and 5 others like this.

3. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Another MDent track! You’re spoiling us!

Plus: a pic of Gary Moore with a flaming red 335! I don’t recollect ever seeing him with anything but a Les Paul and the occasional strat? Oh well…

Bullfweet likes this.

4. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I payed money to listen to musician like yourself and yet you play free for us . now that is awesome!:p
    Great take Michael! I loved just about everything you did on this from the intro to legatos . You kind of set the bar on this but that's a good thing ,it challenges us to perform our best :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Bullfweet and MDent77 like this.

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I don't recall at all but maybe why I was drawn to it.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016

6. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    That was a very kind thing to say Mike!

Just play a solo from your gut. It'll work.

Mellencaster likes this.

7. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    @MDent77 Very sweet, soulful playing !!! Loved every second of it :)(wouldn't know a legato from a lego...because of me playing by ear) Excellent !!!
    Mike C.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    MDent77 likes this.

8. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Mike, (wow, another Mike...it must be a guitar name :)) Hopefully you like the backtrack and enjoy ripping a play a solo to it.

Like the rest of the players, take a few days and make it your own. I find it incredibly fun to play to.

9. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    MDent77 likes this.

10. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    Ha !!! Just realized, you're a Michael too ;) Now if it turns out we're all left-handed that would be really weird !!!

Yes, I love the track. Great job laying it down so nicely...it does sound like a "Gary Moore" inspired groove for sure. He's one guitarist whose style I've always admired...even had a doggie named Thin Lizzy back in the 70's. She was a real sweetheart...

I'll start thinking up ideas tomorrow, after I cut the grass...it's getting knee deep out there (inspiring does not come to mind here at all o_O) Then maybe I can get with it. It sounds like a really great track to jam with !!! And now the bar is set way high...I'll have to play up to the standards of "The Michaels"...or I'll have to change my name :oops:

Mike C. :)

MDent77 likes this.

11. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Hey, my name's Sam! - wait, I just noticed the pattern...

Really good take there @MDent77 as usual. Very melodic, interesting, and proficient, top marks from me.

MDent77 likes this.

12. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    Beautiful backing track, hope I didnt spoil it with my playing!

13. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    @MDent77 great playing, lovely arpeggiated playing over changes, you have all the speed is needed! Love your playing at about 1:40!

MDent77 likes this.

14. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Nice Raimond. I liked the bending to the 2nd and back down to the root note in the intro. You captured a real sweet bend at 2:10 – very Santana-esque. Parts reminded me of Neil Young.

15. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Gentlemen, though I tinkered a a little with the track this morning, but I am not ready to post anything listenable here. But I can tell you that my second granddaughter was born yesterday. She was born after just a few hours after birth started. She was named Matilda and is healthy, as well as her other. I didn´t see her yet, maybe will do a visit at the weekend.

Furthermore, today was NPD. I received the Source Audio tremolo and chorus, just had a quick test, they are working beautifully. So, days of joy!

RadioFM74, NWinther, MDent77 and 3 others like this.

16. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family!

17. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Raimonds Very fluid playing Raimonds and love the bends .Very good take!

udoering I glad to hear all went well .Congratulations on the new grand daughter and the new pedal ,I must say as a guitar owner ,I struggled with this one to congratulate you first on...:)

18. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Nice backing track to play to. Cheers!
    JV Tele - EMG pups. EHX Soul Food, Delay, Blackstar Artisan 15 in 5w mode.

udoering, RadioFM74, tooloud and 6 others like this.

19. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    estreet Welcome estreet ! Very good and lovely playing .That last 40 seconds was a sweet build up.

20. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Great backing track had fun with it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.