Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #125

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Really, wow. I never would have guessed that.

Mellencaster and Alan L Cole like this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Great guitar snarl and signature Niels style. Some really nice gutsy blues licks Niels. Dig the harmonics, raking, bite and attack. Nice!

NWinther likes this.

3. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I originally thought you were playing a strat on your track to Mark. You have been wringing some formidable tone out of your guitars lately IMHO.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Mjark likes this.

4. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    It's smokey, warm and blue in here Mike and we are waiting for you :cool:!

5. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Played on my PRS SE that a friend got me from an auction for only £40 ($50 ish) because either a jealous lover or a small child had vigorously attacked the front with a screwdriver. I've sanded it down now and it doesn't look too bad. Quite different from my core PRS but still a good guitar.

Bullfweet, udoering, G-52 and 4 others like this.

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Ah the Twanger's 'House of Blues' is sounding mighty fine :cool:. Very nice blues solos Carl with cool use of delay. The PRS sounds great and what a deal at $50! You should post a pic of it. Nice smokin' blues track!

7. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Got to let that beautiful Hammond breath.

8. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY

9. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Here's my go at it. I was perplex to what sound to use,so I went with them all :p
    Off to listen your tracks.

Bullfweet, udoering, G-52 and 3 others like this.

10. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Very cool Mike. Like the range of tone, style and fxs. Some cool country vibe mixed in with your blues riffin'. The wah was wah cool!

G-52, VikinginLA and Mellencaster like this.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @G-52 Very nice Andrew! The alternating notes to the double stops are very sweet and sounds like western swing to me .

@Mjark Nice fat tone!Very chill blues playing and love that intro . Well done.

@Alan L Cole Sweet tone and playing Alan! Right in your wheelhouse and you've navigate this track very well.

@udoering Mark nailed it when he mention classic version . Sweetly played and the rhythm track adds depth . Great mixing and you've really tore it up at the end .Sounded great.

@NWinther Your tone is so very nice .I think Ullrich was correct on the Roy Buchannan reference . Lovely expressive playing and nice build up to the end.

@estreet Welcome to the PRS SE club , was it a dentist ? Just Kidding , that's a killer deal with a back story but lets not hope that was the reason for the low price ! Double cut or a single cut?
    Very professional sounding and a lovely track Carl .

@Alan L Cole Your second take with the P90s was a treat . Right in the pocket with this one .Great take.

12. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @estreet : there are a lot of people who state that relicing makes a guitar breathe. Seems to be right ;)! Skilled blues track with an impressing tone that sings! Quite entertaining.
    @Alan L Cole : oh that attack! Love that sound!!! Your playing on this has a broad dynamic range; very nice track.
    @Mellencaster : I was instantly impressed with your playing; lovely melodies. That continues through the other chorusses. The wah-chorus is great. Your nearly-clean bridge-pu sounds gorgeous.

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Ullrich , it was all my PRS SE .

14. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Such a deal! I can't hear any chips or dents!

15. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Outstanding tone on this one as well. Nicely paced phrases that are all Blue as you can get.

Alan L Cole likes this.

16. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Ha! Did you clear that wah with the Blues Police? Nice take.

Mellencaster likes this.

17. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Wow!!! This one brought out the goodies from all of you!!
    Great tones and phrasings...
    Sorry am in abit of a hurry....have a few house things that needs some attention...haha

G-52 likes this.

18. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    Hi Gang,
    I don't know why I had so much trouble playing this tune, after playing the original a million times in various bands. I had the hardest time grabbing a groove with it. Sorry it's so late. I did it over and over and just couldn't get it right...sorry for the foulness :confused:

Epiphone Les Paul and Helix

Thanks for listening !!!

Mike C.

Mjark, Mellencaster, NWinther and 3 others like this.

19. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Oh yeah, there are some really sweet runs and tone here Mike! Beautifully emotive blues riffin'. Awesome!

Bullfweet likes this.

20. Bullfweet

Bullfweet TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    @G-52 Loved that tone !!! Excellent playing :)

@Mjark Now that's the blues !!! Very sweet tone and soulful passages :cool:

@Alan L Cole Great agile playing...nice little runs with some open breathing room. The way it should be !! :)

@udoering Wow !!! Super recording :cool: I hear it happening on both channels too...sounds so smooth. Very well thought out and executed...kicking bunns too !!! :eek:

@NWinther Love the different passages...soft with lots of feeling...and ragged rip yer pants off cool stuff. Love those Sonic's ..yah !!! :D

Wonderful work All !!!:D

udoering and G-52 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.