Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #123

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Dec 29, 2017.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, I knew you would do it! And, of course I knew (or maybe better: I hoped), that you would play this your way. And so you did!! That´s rock as wild as it can be. In the first seconds the two guitars don´t play together perfectly, but that changes soon, and then it´s just heaven!

Alan L Cole likes this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Thanks Ullrich. I just jammed (no pun intended) that second track into there as an afterthought. You and Mark showed how its done with your tacks. Sometimes I get in these moods where I just suck and can't make a track work - that was yesterday. Nothing wrong with this bt track it was just my experience with it yesterday that exasperated me to no end. Maybe salvation will come with #124 :rolleyes:.

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I think your mistake was a better choice.

Mellencaster likes this.

4. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    @Alan L Cole - I think maybe you tried too hard. More major and more space would serve you better. Ferocious licks and tone though!

Alan L Cole likes this.

5. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I agree. I was frustrated with the track and it shows.

6. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @udoering Lovely neck tone and playing .The chorus adds depth to your track , the melody between the chorus and the verse transition very well.

@Mjark The strat shine on this track .Lovely version and the delay was spot onand very nice phrasing, especially on the chorus.

@Alan L Cole Oh ya! That's some sweet playing Alan .Love it.

udoering likes this.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    This had to been my worst recording session of yet .My daw kept crashing , it's time for reformat

Alan L Cole and udoering like this.

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    First of all, I wish you all happy and healthy new year! Hope everybody is o.k. despite snow and low temperature. Now, your playing on this I would compare to Mark´s track: sparingly and melodious, I like it.

One thing I thought about is that your guitar could use a tad more volume. But I have experienced in the last weeks the effect that the perceived volume of the guitar track is dependent from the volume you are hearing the track with. That means, that the mix sounds o.k., and when you hear the track on another sound level, the guitar might be too loud or too soft. I have no idea if that is just an effect with my monitors, or maybe my guitar sound isn´t very "cutting through the mix", but maybe others have similar experiences.

Another thing I tried to figure out: the whole track sounds more live; did you add some slight reverb / delay to it? I also was unsure about you adding some rythm guitar. Anyhow, the whole track sounds different, whatever you did, you did well. And, at last, I always enjoy your guitar sound.

Alan L Cole and Mellencaster like this.

9. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    @Mellencaster - Well, you got through it! I think you have a lot of nice lines, sort of regal sounding. Maybe a hair too low as Ullrich mentioned.

Mellencaster likes this.

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Ullrich and Happy New Year!The volume on the guitar mix was a concern ,I had left on the stereo effect on and the only way I could record was directly onto the BT with the rhythm and the lead without it crashing and no option to edit the tracks. I noticed the delay too on the track,it is a mystery to me how that effect got on the track.

Alan L Cole likes this.

11. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I think this is a bt from hell. I don't know what Mark and Ullrich did to it after they finished their tracks but it's a monster gobling up six string warriors :D. Definitly some level issues Mike but some good ideas, tone and solos in there overall - you gotta love technology sometimes :cry:.

Mellencaster likes this.

12. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    It's even screwing up my comments. I think we might need an exorcist!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Mellencaster likes this.

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Mark and a Happy New Year!

Mjark likes this.

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thanks Alan and a Happy New Year!

15. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Thank you Mike. Happy New Year to you, Mark, Ullrich and the rest of the Twangers who were smart enough to stay away from #123 ;).

udoering, Mellencaster and NWinther like this.

16. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Haha happy new year to all! ;)

udoering and Mellencaster like this.

17. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Thinking for this week track

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.