Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #108

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I searched high and low for something unique to play this week and I came up empty . So I'll be using a track that been in queue for a little while.I hope you all enjoy it!

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it.:)

Alan L Cole and udoering like this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    RnRl

3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Here is my attempt. Warts included, of course.

4. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Ah I'll bite.......
    Just miss a singer with a high register and sunglasses :D

5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

6. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    @udoering - Ullrich it seems we were thinking along the same lines. Nice double stops, I meant to do that as well but didn't get to it!

@NWinther - Spare works here too. Nice lines on the verse when you get to it.

NWinther likes this.

7. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    It gets a bit silly ...

8. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

9. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Trying a new sound (no tubes in there)

10. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    And mine - thank you Mike.

NWinther, udoering and Mellencaster like this.

11. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    @udoering Love the dble stops and especially the tone starting at 1:12 and again at 2:52, really nice Ullrich. Nice melodic riffin' throughout. I hope you are doing better then the news from last week Ullrich.

@NWinther Way to rock it out with some cool chordal tones and slashing soloing. Hitting your stride at 3:45 - cool Niels!

@Mjark Man that guitar tone is awesome! Very nice melodic riffin'. I now think this is my favorite from you Mark.

@estreet I agree with Mark and I think you always nail it Carl. Great execution and technique on the solos and some nice attack and tone. Love the little additions like the defretter fxs. Awesome Carl!

@JCL50 Wow, big and bad and in your face guitar tone! Great emotive soloing and technique. Nice rocker JCL50!

NWinther likes this.

12. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @udoering I really like the clean double stop part. good melodic playing throughout the song.

@NWinther I think i didn't understand

@Mjark Nice playing. I don't like the tone (like a fuzz into a solid state amp?) but it's only a matter of personal taste.

@estreet very professionnal sounding. Great playing, awesome track

@Alan L Cole Sounds like you play A minor blues on a A major track (A is an exemple, I don't remember in which key it was), try moving your pentatonic pattern 3 frets down (same pattern but not the same notes to emphasize) and insert those minor licks from time to time as an effect. Just an idea.

Alan L Cole likes this.

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I got home about an hour ago and I jump on this. I'll be a few before I can comment.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

14. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Thank you JC, I'll give it a try.

15. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Great soloing here Mike! Sweet and Spunky riffin' with nice edge to that guitar tone. Nice!

Mellencaster likes this.

16. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    @JCL50 - Is that what a scooped mid tone is? It sounds a little like something Steve Morse might have used way back in the day. Nice lines.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

17. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    @Alan L Cole - JCL's suggestion is a good one. As much as we love the minor pentatonic scale it doesn't always work. This is I V vi V in A major. Otherwise played with your usual fire and intensity. Thanks for your comments.

Alan L Cole likes this.

18. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Alan L Cole and Mellencaster like this.

19. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    This track was describe as Toto style Rock track ,I honestly hear more of Journey than anything else.

@udoering Yes, that clean tone with the dbl stops was stellar. The harmony and lead guitar complimented each other well . Over all it was a very pleasing and well played track.
    @NWinther I can a see a singer jumping in on your track the way you structured with the rhythm . Lead lines were sweetly played and with a great tone.

@Mjark The melodic phrasing did indeed enhance your take quite well and liked your tone.A few brilliant lines above what was already a well played take .Very good!

@estreet Very polish take.Very imaginative lines that went well with your track .The silly section as you describe is the highlight of this track, in my opinion .Love it.

@JCL50 Lovely tone . A well played track ,lots sweet lines and riffing on this one!

@Alan L Cole As some already mentioned about playing in a major scale would've been more suited for this track but you seem to have the knack to pull it off more than most others could .As usual Alan , your fierce playing and zeal is always a joy to listen too!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    NWinther and Alan L Cole like this.

20. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I thought about this a bit Mark and listened to my track a little more critically. I remembered working up a minor (no pun intended) melodic element and I guess I ended up forcing it on the track. What bothers me is that I didn't catch how bad it was. Guess I'm getting old or deeaf or both, but the hell with the rules; it's rock and roll and that's the way I like it :cool: Thanks to all for the great feedback - very cool of you guys.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Mjark and NWinther like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.