Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #107

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Mjark I hope you don't mind the the Ali quote "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" fluid but with some bite .Lovely lyrical like phrasing and a real nice track mixing with a very good tone.

Mjark likes this.

3. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I like how you danced around and with Carlos' signature solo Mark. A very chill vibe with great tone, nice delay and occasional bite.

4. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Lovely tone, Mark, and a lovely laid back melodic playing, nice bends. Like how you stay in the deeper registers at first and then move up. Love 2:22 and following.

5. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Still really enjoying my DV Mark GH250 and this is my Mccarty Soapbar PRS plugged straight into the front with no pedalboard. Overdrive is from the dirty channel of the amp. I did add a little delay in the mix.

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Product demo and song challenge all in one - cool :). Seriously, great playing Carl. Beautiful phrasing and the delay and tone are great. Thank you for introducing me to the GH 250. What a cool amp option. I checked it out on line and between that and your demos which sound great it looks like a nice option to my weighs-a-ton Fender Twin Reverb Silverface amp from back in the day.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    estreet Impressive sound from the GH 250 once again , I was checking it out last week when you'd premiered it . Lovely version Carl!

8. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @Mjark very well played, I hear sweetness and sadness in your track. very good tone (just maybe a little too compressed to my taste)

@estreet nicely played, nice tone (on the cold side). Funny how your "a little delay" would be my "quite a lot of delay" ;)

9. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    That amp seems to be a really good one; far away from being a cork sniffer, I couldn´t hear nothing that says "no tubes". Asides from that, good solid melodic playing and recording / mix.

10. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.

I'm just glad I was able to get a track up this week.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

12. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @HoodieMcFoodie Don't take it badly, to me it sounds chinese. (phrases at 0'35 or 2'10).

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Well ,I don't know about that but it possible the fuzz tone was perceived in that manner.

14. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @HoodieMcFoodie : this track shows clearly one of your strong suits: delvering a well composed and structured track with a the and variations.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.