Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #107

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Here's a Santana style backer! Enjoy!

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it.:)

JCL50, NWinther and Alan L Cole like this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Sacred ground Mike - never thought I'd try it. Will try and do it justice tomorrow. Thank you!

3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Hello fellows, maybe you noticed I have been silent for some days; well, the reason is this:

last sunday suddenly my left arm felt a veery little numb. When trying to play guitar I noticed that the fingers of my left hand couldn´t always execute what my brain told them to do. On monday morning it was still there, so I went to my family doctor. He could find the reason: the artery that supplies the left arm with blood was nearly closed. He sent me to the emergency of the vascular surgery in a hospital. When they examined me there they found that the blocked artery was no emergency case; I should make a regular date for a NMRI to find out the exact reason and then to decide how to go on.

But, they were absolutely alarmed an behalf of tachycardia and high blood pressure and wouldn´t let me go home. So I stayed in hospital until yesterday evening to have some test to be done: blood analysis, 24-hour-blood-pressure-reading, 24-hour-ECG, ultrasonic screening of the main upper blood vessels and, last but not least, a stress test. I have to say, I was a little concerned; I smoke, drink alcohol, love meat, am overweight and do no sports. Moreover, my father had more than one heart attack and died of heart failure.

I have to say, I am quite happy with the outcome. My blood vessels are surprisingly free of plaque, the heart also, and the stress test showed no signs of problems of the heart function. To sum it up: I am in much better condition than I exspected; it´s kind of a gift. I just have to take tablets to bring down pulse rate and blood pressure.

So, will I immediately start to deal with the new track? No, because the spot where they had installed the arterial access on the left hand hurts like devil ;):(. But I hope it get´s better soon.

4. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Glad you are OK Ullrich :). I was surprised not to read your early morning posts this week. (early morning in Europe)

I look forward to hearing your guitar again (apparently, it doesn't hurt to much with the keyboard :D)

5. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Scary stuff Ullrich! I'm glad to hear your health is good , I have a similar family history with heart disease and it's always in the back of your mind when your not quite feeling right.Get well soon my friend because wouldn't be the same without you here!:)

6. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    It seems I was a little bit too optimistic. They saw something in the ECG, so they also will have to examine the coronary vessels. So I will be out for a while.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Alan you'll do well . Look at this 15 year old , if she can do it ,what's stopping us :p

8. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Sorry to hear Ullrich . If you can, please keep us informed about your situation and to a speedy recovery!

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Carlo's has no worries about me upstaging him, that is for sure.

10. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Take care of your health and get well soon.

Alan L Cole likes this.

11. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Uh man Ullrich get better indeed!
    That sounds somewhat scary...

Well back to the track....eh well got this done!

12. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    NWinther I liked that you went with your own feel to this track .Looks like some coffee induce playing by your title which is my favorite way of playing in the morning and a sweetly played tale that you conjured . Lovely tone as always!

NWinther likes this.

13. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Ullrich, I am sorry to hear of your recent issue and wish you a full and speedy recovery! Best wishes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017

14. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Best wishes Ullrich! Maybe it's time to think a little differently about your health though!

15. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Thank you all for your wishes! And though the left hands hurts and is swollen, I wanted to participate. So, slow and simple playing with a a lot of warts. Mesa Express crunch mode and Tele.

NWinther, Mjark, Alan L Cole and 2 others like this.

16. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Sounds very much like Mr. Santana from the beginning. You found really nice melodic pearls. And, an appropriate guitar sound, especially when playing those 3-string-chords!

Though the parts with a more crunched guitar seem to have this singing Santana tone, I absolutely prefer the other ones, with the less crunched guitar. Reason: beautiful sound and, before all, you deliver such a sensitive playing on these parts, that´s just beautiful!

NWinther and Mellencaster like this.

17. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    In my case, her talent! :cry: she's amazing. I've seen some kids who are amazing shredders and blues guitarist. It's interesting that the guitar gods back in the day, wonderous to me, are so readily replicated by the shear number of young guitarist today. I think that technology and the internet have driven this but I wonder what kind of monster guitarist will arise from today's talented mass of players to shock us with the next paradigm shift with the guitar. Time will tell.

nojazzhere and Mellencaster like this.

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    udoering Santana is not know for his speed but more for the note selections that counts and you've managed the same qualities in your playing . It reminds me of an alternate version or extended from the original which you played well and a most fitting tone for this bt

udoering likes this.

19. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Here 's my take, oldschool, no fx, Gibson Nighthawk straight into the amp (just a bit of reverb added in the daw).

NWinther, Mjark, udoering and 2 others like this.

20. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Running late - car issues. This one goes out to Ullrich, our great guitar player and musician. Speedy and full recovery my friend!

Well Mike, you made me cry. Tears came to my eyes as I recorded this, for deep in my heart, locked away for so long, is one of my greatest guitar heroes and a big blues guitar influence, the great Peter Green, and his magnificent composition, "Black Magic Woman". I never attempted it before but hope I did it justice. I love Santa, another one of my guitar heroes but this one hit very close to home from a time long ago. So here is my tribute to Peter Green:

NWinther, Mjark, udoering and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.