Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #106

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Here's a real slow country ballad for this week.Enjoy!

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it.:)

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    That's a pretty bt Mike. Outside my box but looking forward to playing on it. Thank you!

Mellencaster likes this.

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Here's a stab at it.

4. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Here is mine. Thank you Mike!

5. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Dig that tone and nice melodic soloing Mark. Nice touch of blues in there. Gotta love that song pic - awesome!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017

6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany

7. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Alan nailed it again! Lovely blues-country-transitions!

Alan L Cole likes this.

8. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I exspected something like that. Hendrix plays country! Love it.

Alan L Cole likes this.

9. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Your comment made me laugh when I read it Ullrich! I'll be the first to admit I'm no country picker, and I have great respect for country pickers. But the blues is rooted in a lot of music genres, most notably country, so hey, why not Hendrix's plays country. That would have been something to hear.

10. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I think your track is a masterclass in country guitar playing Ullrich. The guitar swells, the tears-in-my-bear-bluesy emotive soloing, the tone. The first thing that struck me on this simple but beautiful backer was that great piano work and the tracks sweet waltz like pace, and you danced with it beautifully Ullrich.

Mjark and udoering like this.

11. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Here's my take on it. Not my best work, but, at least it got me a chance to give my new Paisley tele a workout.

NWinther, teletimetx, estreet and 6 others like this.

12. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Beautiful, clean country tone; double stops, bends - it´s all there. Love that little run that starts at 0:47. And, not to forget, your track sounds like composed, or at least, structured.

jklotz and Mjark like this.

13. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Very nice track jklotz! Sweet country guitar pickin' and as Ullrich pointed out, nice technique and tone!

jklotz likes this.

14. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    Here's mine, Tele baja 60s neck pick up for the most part.

NWinther, teletimetx, estreet and 4 others like this.

15. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @Mjark clean melodic playing and nice tone.

@Alan L Cole nice but to be honest I'm not fan of the delay sound in that context.

@udoering nice playing, maybe too many layers and I don't really like the swell guitar tone

@jklotz nice playing and very good tone.

16. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Great tone JCL50 and cool bluesy runs (1:09, ex). Sweet waltzing with the backer. Not sure if the 2nd guitar part was needed but it was cool nonetheless. Nice!

JCL50 likes this.

17. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Thank you JCL50. I have mixed feelings on the delay. I see it as kind of a cheat for me at times to help get something workable in a genre that is not in my wheelhouse. I never tried playing anything in the country music genre before joining TDPRI and usually don't do pretty or ballad type music on the guitar. You guys are laying down some cool and solid country riffin', something I'll have to work at if I want to do the same.
    I'm a little more savage on the guitar - https://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?memberID=6634483 one my latest and a collab with fendrguitplayr for example. For me this is all about about learning, community (you guys) and fun with (guitar) music. And I always appreciate critique and will always thank you for it as it will only help me be a better musician and guitarist - much better than a false pat on the back IMHO. Cheers to the music as they say JCL50, sorry this was so long and once again, thank you my friend. PS, I loved Ullrich's volume swells - varied and diverse tastes abound :cool:

18. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @Alan L Cole I try to be honest and say what is my taste. It's hard to know if my words are not offending, especially as a newbie here and as english is not my mother tongue.

When you say my 2nd guitar part was not needed, I think you're probably right but I was kind of proud of it ;)

Alan L Cole likes this.

19. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I appreciate your honesty JCL50 - the world needs more of that. Your words did not offend at all. And your track was great, the guitar tone is kicking, and the blues riffin' is close to my heart. I guess I was trying to say your main guitar part carries the track nicely - just "wasn't sure" if the second guitar part was needed (opinion, not fact :) ) - again, varied and diverse tastes abound. And I think your English is fine...Alan

20. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I find that most of these tracks have a lot of parts already. Very rarely will I add more than one. On my own stuff though I can go crazy the one I posted yesterday has 5 guitar tracks!

Alan L Cole likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.