Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #104

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Some pretty runs and nice range of technique Carl. Like your use of rhythm guitar as well. Very nice guitar track Carl!

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Not bad on the slide I'd say JCL50 and pretty good tone with it.

3. JCL50

JCL50 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    France
    @NWinter : the rotary effect suits the track but I prefer your playing on the parts without it.

@udoering
    : nice range of tones, classic and solid playing.

@Alan L Cole : old school playing (in a good way), I love that tone.

@Mellencaster : a country sounding blues, nice.

@estreet
    : nice playing and tone

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Mellencaster and Alan L Cole like this.

4. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    Thanks Ullrich .... They made some weird choices with that finish on the Telebration Cabronitas didn't they? It's a thin-skin nitro over what appears to be a hard synthetic base. Mine has serious buckle-rash on the back despite not being rubbed on any buckles and it's chipping round the edges just from being transported in a gig bag. Self-relicing I would call it. I do like the sound of it sometimes though and it's nice to play. Nonetheless I have considered selling it because I really want to buy another PRS and I have four Telecasters. They were a limited run and I've seen people asking a lot more than the new price for them although whether they actually got it is another matter. I've changed the back pick-up on mine from a Classic to a Classic+ and I also found it necessary to put a treble-bleed capacitor in it because it got very dull when the volume was backed off before that - to an extent that actually made the guitar unusable for me. Here's a demo of it I did soon after I bought it and I do really like it's tone here:

5. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Looks like you've got some video production experience under your belt Carl. Nice guitar work here - sounds great!

6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I produced some scratches by wiping it with a handkerchief :(. Still got the Filtertrons in it. Yes, tone on that video is lovely. Also, beautiful sensitive playing.

7. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    No DAW at the moment. I need a new interface or whatever they're called.

MDent77, NWinther, udoering and 2 others like this.

8. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Me being me , don't read too much into it.:)

Alan L Cole likes this.

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    My hearing in my left hasn't been the same since I did that editing for the collaboration track and having difficulties balancing mixes lately , been avoiding using my headphones for the last couple tracks which has helped my hearing in that ear .I did remix it and thanks for the input.

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

11. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I work for tone on tracks like this JCL50. Thank you or the kind words.

12. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Figures. Freakin' Amazon.

13. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Good to hear Mike. I know I can be very hard on myself so I was thinking along those lines. Sorry to hear about your hearing issue, especially since it was the result of your kind and cool mix on the Twanger's collab. Hope you are 100% soon!

Mellencaster likes this.

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @estreet Nicely done Carl , straight up blues and still impressed by that Vox Pathfinder , I always hear good things about them .I had a couple opportunities to buy one at a very decent price but I wasn't interested at the time .I might have some regret now:D

@JCL50 Bon travail avec ton glisser!It fits quite well into the mix and changes the feel and sound of this BT to a nice NOLA style blues .Nicely played

15. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I have a spare interface that hasn't been used for a while it's a Roland - DUO-CAPTURE if you want it at no charge ,I could send it to you.

16. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks so much. I'll get one. I got a new PC yesterday and my old Tascam 144 is just too old.

Mellencaster likes this.

17. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I did another on Youtube.

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I bought a Focuslite 2i2 it's good enough but I can't use the Hi Z selector without it humming like crazy and have to use the line in selector which I lose some gain in my amp simulators .I advice you to read up before you purchase an input interface , they're not all equal .

Mjark likes this.

19. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    The first thought was Heltershelton when I saw that pick in your mouth:D.Sweet blues tone , love the way you worked the melody on this BT , pretty blues rendition.

Mjark likes this.

20. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I do it all the time. I made one video I never shared because the pick was red and it looked like I was wearing lipstick!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.