Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #101

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jul 28, 2017.

1. G-52

G-52 TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co
    Thank you
    I appreciate the feedback:) Usually I play to iTunes etc.; so I'm finding it a lot more challenging without Merle's band as a backup.

2. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Tele-Afflicted

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN

3. RCinMempho

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    I'm glad I didn't listen to all you guys before I dove in. All I can say is I am very humbled to be in the company here. Some nice stuff out there - all of you.

4. G-52

G-52 TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co
    I really enjoyed that! First half sounded like an acoustic. You played some really nice bluesy lead runs. Equipment sounds good too, really clear. Do you have any recommendations for recording for newbie. Using the cell phone currently.

5. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Cool country pickin' and tone!

G-52 likes this.

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY

7. RCinMempho

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Everything was on my American Deluxe Power Tele through a Princeton Reverb. The first half was using the piezo saddle pickups and a capo at fret two. The capo did as much as the pickups to make it sound acoustic. The second half was the bridge pickup. There was no change to the amp between the two sections.

Amp was mic'd with a large AT2020 condenser mic into a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 into a laptop running Reaper. I am really new to the recording thing, but this Focusrite Scarlett has been excellent. There are all kinds of things to worry about recording at home, but that box has not been the problem at all.

NWinther and G-52 like this.

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @G-52 and @RCinMempho : welcome here at the Weekly Challenge, a thing that keeps me occupied on saturdays and / or sundays for nearly two years! Don´t care too much about warts and mistakes in your tracks, we all have them. Like Mike always says, the challenge is between you and and yourself; you will learn. You both delivered nice country tracks! Hope you will stay for more more than one track!

9. RCinMempho

Jul 8, 2003
    Maryville, TN

10. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I couldn't said it any better! Welcome @G-52 and @RCinMempho, both nicely done tracks

G-52 likes this.

11. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    If anyone interested posting or picking a backing track for this week or a particular genre ,you're all welcome to share ideas here :)

alainvey likes this.

12. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Can we do the track that Niels (@NWinther) posted in his thread?

Mellencaster likes this.

13. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been meaning to do one of these ever since when, but I finally got around to it. Here it is, warts and all.

BTW - thanks to whoever is posting these, love the idea!

udoering, G-52, alainvey and 4 others like this.

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    jklotz Welcome jklotz! Very twangy ,not your first rodeo on the country scene from listening to your take ,Nicely played!

I've been so busy with work this week I hadn't had time listen to it but sure! If @NWinther[would like us to do his track ,I'm up for it.

alainvey likes this.

15. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    It is not mine, I just downloaded it along time ago...
    But it was a free one, so we can use it.
    Here it is...

Mellencaster and alainvey like this.

16. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Awesome!I'll create a thread for this a little later.

NWinther and alainvey like this.

17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    This was my very first run through with the red light on for this track. It didn't get any better through the week so I'm stuck with it.
    I can honestly say this is the second worst track I've posted.

Sorry.

18. G-52

G-52 TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co
    Hey, you're on tempo with a nice fat sound. I'm new at this... finding it not easy to be creative at 80 mph. Enjoyed your melodies on the Latin and 70s rock tracks. Thanks for posting.

HoodieMcFoodie likes this.

19. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @jklotz : welcome, and like Mike already stated, this shurely is not your first attempt on country! Well played!

I know the state you are in. Sometimes there are tracks that don´t seem to like you, and whatever you do... While I agree that the second verse is somehow strange, your track is an unique mixture of styles, a kind of surf-blues-rock. I am sure that after a little time of not listening to it you will be able to detect it´s qualities.

alainvey and HoodieMcFoodie like this.

20. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.