Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #101

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Thanks Mike. Very infectious music and great fun today - thank you!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    The pleasure is mine Alan .This is what I love about these weekly challenges ,it's not about the best technical player here and it's still important in all regards to achieve but to me it is the variations of personal playing styles and the interpretation that one brings here what is special to me .I'm glad you've enjoyed your time here Alan , you and other members make it fun also!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    alainvey and Alan L Cole like this.

3. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    hollymolly, you guys set this track on fire! I dont think I can touch the strings on my guitar after hearing you.

4. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Oh I think you could Raimonds:) You're talented enough to manage this track , it's all about the fun doing it.

5. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY

I threw one up Raimonds and I'm no country picker - give 'er a shot and pluck that bird!

6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, well, I think the title "twang meister" has just found another owner! Impressive track, Mike; love it!

Mellencaster likes this.

7. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    I had fun doing 145 takes on this and didnt get till the end, it is not even a parody on country music. Sorry to all fans:

8. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Blame Mike not me Raimonds ;). But seriously, it sounds good to me and has some nice tips of the hat to the country guitar genre. Chicken Pickin' fun!

Raimonds and Mellencaster like this.

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Raimonds I'm so glad that you've posted this .You're a man with a keen sense of hearing music and translating it to your playing ,it is a special talent that you posses Raimonds, I never doubted you could do it.

Now that was special! love it . You can't get any more country than that. Well played Raimonds!

Raimonds likes this.

10. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @Raimonds : with that track I can see you before my inner eyes in a bar in the midwest where the folks from the town gather to have some dance and fun; we´ve seen videos from those occasions here already. There were nice melodical bits in it as well as typical country gimmicks. Be proud of this, man!

Raimonds likes this.

11. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    Thanks for the good words! I still dont feel I can play country, maybe some licks, but it is hard to tie them together and play longer than 10 seconds.\

12. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Latvia
    @udoering right in the bullseye, country twang from Germany!
    @NWinther another twanger from Europe, lovely gain and twang in your playing!
    @Alan L Cole you should learn this in school, great playing throughout the track!
    @Mellencaster your picking isnt sloppy at all! Nice followign the changes!

NWinther and Mellencaster like this.

13. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Late submission, sorry folks! Difficult track, should have warmed up more as I couldn't really keep up and was not able to equal this quite early take. Still, this was a great workout for me :)

G-52, Mellencaster, udoering and 2 others like this.

14. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    @udoering Nice vocabulary here, you have reminded me of the things I should really be familiar with but am not :D

@NWinther Great tones, and awesome pentatonic work here

@Alan L Cole This was wicked! Loved the vocal, but the guitar was top-notch. Really great use of repetition and harmonized ideas, and very convincingly performed as well!

@Mellencaster Great twanging :D Another awesome performance!

@Raimonds I think country is the most challenging genre to play, in many ways. You did a great job! You came up with delightfully melodic lines, and had a really nice mellow tone.

15. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Holic

May 23, 2017
    NY
    @alainvey Loved that second chord on the intro. Definitely has that country twang and spunk. Nice range (pun intended :D) of chicken pickin' riffin. Awesome!

16. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Lovely strange opening chords, adequate sound, diversified playing with melodic elements as well as fast runs and rythmically interesting figures and jazzy lines; to sum it up, I dig it very much!

17. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    @Alan L Cole and @udoering, thanks for the comments :D The intro was just moving the diminished chord found in the initial A7 chord up a minor third every time - very common idea, can be done with any dom7 chord (or anything else if you make it work :) ).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Alan L Cole likes this.

18. G-52

G-52 TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co

Hey, first timer for uploading a file:) mistakes and all!

19. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks for joining in the fun :)

Nice twangy and melodic take. Lots of great lines here, you're clearly a seasoned chicken picker :D

G-52 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.