Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track # 99

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jul 14, 2017.

1. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks Ulrich! I'm quite into these inappropriately bloomy and non-present tones at the moment, but after listening to everyone else's takes I felt like I was missing out. Thus, a twangy version:

Some mistakes here, but it mostly hangs together ok.

2. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks Alan! Glad my showing off works on you :D

3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Just a tad, I said! :) Seriously, another fine take! Wish I had your playing abilities.

Thank you - and everybody else - for taking time to listen and comment!

NWinther, Mellencaster and alainvey like this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Just a fun fact-Unofficially we should be at 160 for these challenges but we didn't start officially numbering them until a year and a half later into doing theses , the first 6 months,we called it the monthly backing track challenge :lol:

Lovely jazz tone , it fits the style of playing with your ability to use the full spectrum of the scales on this .The fast runs were great and you always manage to play in a melodic way that I couldn't conceive to play .Lovely take!

I like this version so much because it's so twangy!Again, a lovely take and thanks for your comments , everyone!

alainvey likes this.

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    @alainvey - way to put some twang in that thang! Again some really cool and very pretty runs and arpeggiated like voicing. Got some passion in there too. Showing off always works on me! Sweet!

alainvey likes this.

7. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY

Congrats on 99 and 160 guys and thank you for allowing me to muddy up some of the latest.

Mellencaster likes this.

8. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks Mike!

Oh well, it's still worth celebrating 160 :)

I'm always working on sounding melodious. It doesn't come naturally to me, so I have to put quite a bit of effort in!

Mellencaster likes this.

9. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Thanks again. I am a relatively newcomer to the tele and sometimes forget what it's for :D

10. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

11. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Some nice melodic elements that you seem to be developing as you go along Mark; and is there a touch of tremolo in there? Very nice clean tone as well - nice and sentimental!

12. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks. Yes there's a little tremolo added afterwards.

13. Mellencaster

Mjark Nicely played with the tremolo , very melodious and well suited with this track .Just lovely!

Mjark likes this.

14. estreet

estreet TDPRI Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    In some ways an odd thing to play over as it never seems to fully resolve and you have to be constantly aware of its direction. Anyone else find that? Interesting.

alainvey, Mjark, NWinther and 3 others like this.

15. Mellencaster

The interesting thing that you were the first to comment on it and I do get what you mean.

estreet What a mellifluous sounding tone. Totally melodic track that you've played from start to end.Well thought out structured track.

16. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    At least the backer repeats its nonresolution. Your guitar sits nicely in the mix. As Mike noted some very nice melodic soloing throughout, playful at times and more dynamically at other moments. That's a very nice track estreet.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

17. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @Mjark : as stated above, you dialed in a nice sound with tremolo; you also found a melodic theme for this and varied it. And "sentimental" seems to fit.

18. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @estreet : a very, very good specimen of playing strictly major scale. Melodic playing, seasoned with a lot of little gimmicks and variations, lovely clean sound.

19. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Here goes another squashy overly old radio sound like recording...haha
    My green Tele and one old dusty friend was dugged up for this very lovely track!

udoering, Alan L Cole, Mjark and 2 others like this.

20. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Now there is really some variations to this one!
    Big woody tones from Alan Cole, some very earthy playing and feel, dig that feeling!

Nice semidriven sounds from Udo, clear and firm is the bridge pickup, the neck is sweet and crunchy, some nice motifs and changing themes...nice!

Mellencaster...really loved the tremolo sweetness your conjoured up here!
    Laidback and easygoing, loved the little themes and lines, gave the piece a very sunny feel!

Alainvey first one is really warm and very easy to take in, sweet sweet take! Love the melodies there!
    The twangy one is mellow and has an almost cinematic scene feel to it.

Mjark....feels like sitting right next to you at a small café, enjoying a nice coffee and some cake!
    Love the tremolos sweet pulsing there, nice themes!

estreet...top melodic playing, sweet clean tones, yeah it is a funny unresolving piece, but I like it...it is like is just going on and living its own life!
    Felt very relaxed and at easy listning to your take!

21. Mellencaster

NWinther Lovely playing Neils!Sweet tone,expressive and very dynamically fluid.
    Who's your dusty friend that you used on this?

NWinther likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.