Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track #100

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Really nice clean tone and some cool sympathetic dual soloing around the main melody Mike. Cool rotary fx and delay. Your arrangement lends a nostalgic vibe for me. It would be interesting to see how many guitar based versions a guitarist could come up with on one backer. Two versions looks doable to date. Maybe a challenge based on a short backer and how many diverse versions per guitarist would be interesting? Probably an unwieldy proposition.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Mellencaster likes this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I like the two guitars riffin' at the same time (how I love Johnny Winter and Rick D on "Good Morning Little School Girl"). Nice tone here Phil and cool guitar parts.

HoodieMcFoodie likes this.

3. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Interesting idea Alan.Maybe something like a bass and a drum track for a wider interpretation .

Alan L Cole likes this.

4. alainvey

alainvey Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2014
    London, UK
    Am having some playing difficulties this week, as well as some tone troubles, not to mention none of my guitars play properly because the humidity destroys strings in 5 minutes :D

The rhythm track was improvised in one take without much thought, so I'm sorry for the bits that sound dodgy. The dirtier lead part sounds horrible to me, and I wash my hands of the whole thing.

5. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Haha I like that dirty thing!!
    Sounds like a wah not moving!

6. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    @alainvey - I think the track and solos sound great. I hear where there might be a few very minor missteps but there are some cool jazzy and jazz fusion runs and some cool tones, including the "dirtier" tone. It's always better to think you sound bad when in fact you sound good then thinking you sound good when in fact you sound bad - I'm so confused right now.:confused:. But seriously, it sounds great.

7. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I must be almost deaf, because I dig what you played and even like the lead sound!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.