Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track #100

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I had about 4 tracks in mind for this week ,country, blues, flamenco and funk style but I thought we would go with something familiar.:)

Here's this week track! Enjoy!

Download to your DAW or portable digital recorder and go for it.:)

alainvey, Alan L Cole and NWinther like this.

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Nice! Thxs Mike.

Mellencaster likes this.

3. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Here is mine.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017

4. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    I knew you would be fast, Alan!! I´ve started to record, but it isn´t ready yet. Will listen to yours after uploading!

Alan L Cole likes this.

5. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, that really was a nice backing track, worthy for a jubilee. Thank you Mike for this one and all your efforts up to now ans, so I hope, in the future.

Here is my contribution. Rythm guitars are the Deluxe Blackout Telecaster, lead guitar is the Blackguard Pickups equipped American Standard, both recorder via Mesa Express 50 Plus and Cab Clone. The massive reverb is no accident, but came in deliberately. Hope you enjoy!

6. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @Alan L Cole : the beginning was a little rough, and I didn´t know how your track would develop. But then you settled in, and playing and guitar sound reminded me more and more of some Hendrix tracks in it´s raw power and a little bit of anarchy. Great!

Alan L Cole likes this.

7. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Holic

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Alan that was some acid 60's playing!! Loved it lots of power!
    Ullrich also a 60's flavour, spaghetti western like here and there, but also a more laidback acid feel!

Here is my little contribution.
    Rhythm parts with some tremolo and at the latter end some rotary fun! All done on the green Tele.

8. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I think you nailed it with your review Ullrich, Thank you. I liked my touch of dissonance on the intro and for me, the track lent itself to more bluesy power and tone than fineness, which I'm sure others will bring to it. A one take first late night impression for better or worse :cool:

NWinther likes this.

9. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I thought I would have some fun on this, the title says it all.:)

10. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Very nice Ullrich. Loved the guitar parts and the use of reverb. Great bluesy melodic solos delivered with power and style - nice!

11. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY

12. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Cool RS melodic element anchoring the great wailing' on this one Mike and man you cut loose on this one with some monster jamming and riffs. Tone to bone and nice!

Mellencaster likes this.

13. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @Alan L Cole Yes! Hendrix like Alan! Really heavy man!You tore it up , great old rock playing !

@udoering I love the little bits that are supporting the lead , melodic and dynamic with a sweet use of effects that tied it all together into a lovely track.

@NWinther Niels, great build up! Subtle tone to a sweet crunchy tone and to a climatic finish .Lovely playing!

Alan L Cole likes this.

15. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @Mjark Bluesy slide lead and a tremolo rythme section ,what's not to love ? Damn Mark!That was sweet!

Alan L Cole likes this.

16. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    Nice one Mark. Loved that backing tremolo track. Cool slide and some very nice emotive soloing and great tone. I'd have to say one of my favorites from you Mark and very nice.

17. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    All the takes have been fun to hear. This is much slower than the original and missing the chorus which is a shame but nevertheless still fun.

The band I play with does Miss You. I like playing it although I don't play slide on it normally.

NWinther likes this.

18. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    I agree ,it's shame that the bridge was not on this and also this is what and who led me to this track.

19. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @NWinther : a lovely piece of rock music! The rythm guitar supports unobstrusive, lead guitar is built up well until climax.
    @Mellencaster : i really dig your rythm guitar on this track, beautiful Leslie-sound. Your lead sound is cookin´as well as your playing towards the end; but I hope you don´t mind if I say that I like your non-shred-playing better ;)
    @Mjark : the "Like"-button was pressed very quickly for the use of slide alone. You played a sweet relaxed version of this, Mark. The sound is lo-fi in a positive way. Well played slide-guitar, no warts there.

NWinther and Mellencaster like this.

20. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Meister

May 23, 2017
    NY
    I humbly prostrate myself before the mighty Twanger's who thoroughly schooled me today with this backer and I respectfully submit my TDPRI#100 Redux for your consideration:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.