Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The struggle is real...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by death-to-yancey, Sep 28, 2017.

1. death-to-yancey

death-to-yancey TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Indiana
    ...when trying to save a buck. Here in Indiana going to flea markets can pass as fun a lot of times, and at my local one they had some packs of these strings and D’Addario EXL110 for dirt cheap. I now see why the fenders are priced so low lol. Anybody ever had this happen before? They would probably work for a headstock with 3 per side, but not even close on a fender headstock. Kinda odd considering it’s their brand :lol:. I had already put the wound strings on before I discovered this little problem, so I at least learned a lesson for the 5 bucks I spent: always double check the string length before installing lol. [​IMG]

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    OUCH! Maybe they're Mustang strings? :D

death-to-yancey likes this.

3. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    You should send that photo or copy of this poste to Fender. They may respond kindly by sending you a few free sets of strings.;)

4. death-to-yancey

death-to-yancey TDPRI Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Indiana
    I sent them an email on their page, we'll see what happens. I’m not too worried about it, I’m just glad I grabbed a set of the D’Addario’s, even though I’m not really digging those in this guitar at all.

5. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Dec 19, 2011
    Merseyside UK

6. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Maybe part of the string oxidized and broke off in the package? I haven't seen that packaging from Fender in quite a while - at least 20 years if not longer. I'll admit I didn't pay much attention to Fender strings from roughly 1980 until 1999 - I got an AVRI '62 Strat that year and discovered that Fender's pure nickel set in the .009-.040 set sounded much better than any typical .009-.042 set on that particular guitar. Once I moved that guitar I never have really used Fender strings since then unless they were "throw ins" when I bought a Fender guitar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.