Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Squier 51's back

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Skrik, Oct 10, 2013.

1. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

Aug 22, 2004
    Seoul, Korea

2. dtermined2play

dtermined2play Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2007
    Spartanburg,S.C.
    Local store finally got one in stock CAR model. The neck is very similar to the original. Except the frets were all razor sharp and in desperate need of dress and polish. Action was a bit high as we'll. nothing that can't be addressed with a good set up. I did not plug it in for fear I would not leave the store without one. Lol. I really wish they would come out with a deluxe model with vintage tuners and a wide range hb.

3. sub006

sub006 TDPRI Member

If you like Rickenbacker jangle, a thin neck and low price, try a reissue Korean-made Danelectro. I'd personally recommend the '56 U2, offered from 1998 'til about 2002, but all of 'em have those sweet lipstick pickups. Because of rather unique wiring, going from either pickup to both doubles the volume!

My turquoise '98 Dano is a good companion to my blonde/white October '04 51, both are good AND cheap.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for the detailed review. And take it from me folks, "2 Play" knows the original model super well - he's one of the "gurus" for the original model and he knows his stuff! :D

5. dtermined2play

dtermined2play Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2007
    Spartanburg,S.C.
    Thanks Boris.

Thankfully I still have one stock one 9Save for the bubba mod I did on it last weekend lol, it just needs the brass barrels) and one modded one that does not have anything original on it except the 3 way selector.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.