Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The silent anger inside!

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by NWinther, Jun 12, 2018.

1. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Got up today, have some stuff to do today, drank my glass of Frappé, fired up the amp and played alittle, my usual thing to do when waking up, nobody is home but the cat, and she does not mind as long as it is not loud ;)

Back to sunny days here again after a few grey days.
    Recorded something on the looper...sat there and played along....and felt that small pang of anger towards loosing people I know, feeling the age creeping up on you, normally I am quite easy going and takes life for what it is, I have no illusions about it, but nor am I a cynic, I do enjoy being here!

But that little pang demanded some attention, and without me really getting it, that simple two chord thing I recorded on the looper just had that sense of a silent resilient anger towards this life, well what to do? Did not want to be brooding over this for the rest of the day, recorded the looper track into my recording suite, and layered alittle ekstra guitar on top of it!

It is nothing fancy or anything, nor is it very well played, just wanted to get rid of that feeling, but well...
    It just told me one more time, playing this guitar of mine is much more than just a hobby now, I used to play in bands and such, but now I just use it to ease the soul, like reading and such.

Well it improved my mood alot, so now I am off to make some stuff again...enjoy...I hope?!

Deneb, Bullfweet, bftfender and 7 others like this.

2. BlackAmpeg

BlackAmpeg Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Nebraska
    Great work Niels, love the guitar tones, your whole SoundCloud is amazing!

NWinther likes this.

3. decker

decker Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    spain
    Sounds good to me. You got a good thing going there.

NWinther likes this.

4. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.

5. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2016
    Hawaii
    Nice soaring lead! What do you use for the heavy modulation / delay on the rhythm?

NWinther likes this.

6. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Thanks.
    Boss BF-2 flanger, Maxon CS-505 Insta-Chorus, Boss DD-3(longchip DD-2 version) and a UPW Dual-Echo.

Carl_Tone likes this.

7. Bullfweet

Bullfweet Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida

"Recorded something on the looper...sat there and played along....and felt that small pang of anger towards loosing people I know, feeling the age creeping up on you, normally I am quite easy going and takes life for what it is, I have no illusions about it, but nor am I a cynic, I do enjoy being here!"

I liked it, Neils !!! Sometimes there's things you just have to play to make your day go right..., and I definitely understand your feelings above. I've got you by 17yrs, sometimes those feelings are really hard to shake. and I use my loop-station for much the same thing...
    Enjoyed your track !!!

Mike C.

NWinther likes this.

8. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Thanks :) Ah yeah sometimes this life likes to kick you in the stomach....
    And you just have to take it, because there is nothing you can do about it!
    Well good thing that the guitar is around! :D

Bullfweet likes this.

9. Bullfweet

Bullfweet Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2016
    Central Florida
    You’re most certainly welcomed, Niels !!! Today was another of those days for me. A bad storm came through at 3pm today and burned up the power lines across the street from the house. Knocked out the power for all 370 of us in our neighborhood. We had to leave the house to escape the 90deg heat in the house without the a/c running. They just got the power back up an hour ago (9:30pm)
    But I did play my acoustic until it got unbearable at about 4pm... :) lol
    Tomorrow will be a good day... I hope :D

10. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Ah wow....glad the power is back!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.