Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

The Professionals - American Professional Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by dreamingtele, May 17, 2017.

1. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2011
    Philadelphia
    IMHO, the AV64 is the nicest Telecaster they make right now. It's incredible. Having played one, I was getting a serious case of GAS...

2. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 16, 2010
    Philippines
    My dream telecaster is a 62 telecaster custom, double binding.. but Fender discontinued it, so the AV64 is the next best thing! How are the frets on those? I dont mind vintage frets, but switching with different necks with different radii and frets might not work for me.

3. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Holic

Nov 29, 2011
    Philadelphia
    FMIC calls them "vintage" frets, but on all the AV series guitars they are not precisely vintage spec. They are a little bit taller. I think their idea was that since these guitars are keepers, the owners will want to get a bit more mileage out of the frets. They are the same thickness as vintage, but a little taller.

The neck on the AV64 and the fret finish is spectacular, I can't think of a better way of describing the effect of playing it. The best thing about it is the feel of the neck. It's probably the most comfortable Tele neck I've played, especially in the first four or five positions where it tapers down very gradually. It's a '60's C neck, which is a round profile. So it's thinner at the nut but chunkier up high around the 12th fret and beyond.

The "grey bottom" pickups are also tasty. No reason to ever swap them out for anything else.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. finyo

finyo NEW MEMBER!

May 28, 2017
    Canada
    This is my Am Pro Tele, love it!

Attached Files:

6. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    Fender does not make tuners,Gotoh and Ping make them and there are plenty of models Fender makes that do have staggered vintage tuners.

7. Tek1

Tek1 TDPRI Member

May 20, 2015
    Southeastern PA
    I'm in. here is mine.

Attached Files:

8. dreamingtele

Jun 16, 2010
    Philippines
    Lovely classic tele look! Congrats!

finyo likes this.

9. dreamingtele

Jun 16, 2010
    Philippines
    beautiful! Congrats!!

Tek1 likes this.

10. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2010
    Fullerton CA
    Not exact, but vintage buttons, locking, and it sure looks like staggered posts.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.