Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Official 2017-18 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Fair enough...we were that bad!

Yes I do, the guy's only 21, plays both center & wing, high hockey IQ, big, deceptively fast, an incredible playmaker, with one of the best backhand passes in the game, can play physical style, built for the playoffs! He's also, humble, hard working, driven & has a great shot, too!

Touché, eh!! That's right...an unheralded, Patrick Roy & the Habs, including The Oil reading their own own press clippings & a 21 year old Steve Smith, playing the birthday, fall guy, helping your cause!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

2. AlbertaGriff

AlbertaGriff Tele-Meister

Mar 2, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, poor Steve Smith. I have a DVD set of the 10 'Greatest Playoff Games' for the Flames, and sadly that game is one of them.

I guess we will see on Draisaitl. Seems like this season we will get to see him playing C on that second line. Don't disagree he is a great player though.

3. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Though I am most certainly a B's fan, I'm speaking more from a gambler angle. When it comes to wagering (the entertainment in sports for me..these days) I bet against my hometown teams without batting an eye -- if/when the time or line is right. I don't have much problem attempting to be objective. Though, I can be dead wrong on some teams. As I noted the only clubs in the Atlantic Division I would bet to finish ahead of the B's would be Toronto and Tampa. The rest of the teams have as many holes as the B's do.

Bye, still pumped the B'S are back.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

4. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    If anyone on TDPRI is a puck fan and has a Draftkings account...I could make a TDPRI Saturday Night Tournament (for $1, $3 or $5 whatever folks want) .

5. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Gonna say it now while i can...

The Pens have the worst record in hockey & the Flyers have the best.

6. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    All the hat tricks have been crazy

7. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Blackhawks thrash Pens 10-1...Saad hat trick...Saadistic.

Respect the Indian.

[​IMG]

voodooblues likes this.

8. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I tuned in on the radio, not getting to actually see it makes it harder sometimes to figure how the territorial play is going but from the sounds of it the score was an accurate reflection of the game. Total dominance.

9. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Saad looks like he got out of jail leaving Columbus, the younger guys are stepping up and filling in well: Schmaltz, Hartman, Kero and DeBrincat who took out a much bigger Pen in the corner, lifted him off his skates. The whole team looks faster...not the slog that was vs Preds in the playoffs...

10. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I heard the Debrincat hit on the radio, Troy Murray was saying that kid's short but stout. He's got the leverage advantage too. The Hawks need the kids to step into those roles to have success, just like the Penguins.

11. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

Actually I watched the game and the 10 to 1 final score was a bit of an understatement of how dominant the Hawks were. Seriously. I've never seen an NHL game that was so lopsided before. As a Pens fan I'm embarrassed by it.

12. voodooblues

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    That's crazy, with a score like that you expect some fluke goals but none were that way. Just one game though, a lot of season left. Nice to see the Hawks look good though after everyone has been predicting their demise.

13. duzie

duzie TDPRI Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    F5404050-AA3F-4F62-BF71-F4B436E9402F.jpeg

14. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Nov 17, 2006
    MA
    Those young guns sure made some noise last night. Gonna be a fun season I think.

MDent77 likes this.

15. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    The Oil servered up a charitable, turkey last night...giving special thanks to Mary Kay, for their makeup party

16. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I think the crackdown on slashing of the hands is going to result in a whole lot more goals this season. If fast, skilled players are not disrupted by slower players whose only recourse is to cheat, then the skilled guys will have more opportunities to get good shots on net.
    The first week of high-scoring games is really exciting.

17. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Tonight will say a lot for those young guys with a rematch of Colorado.

I had to take David Pastrnak and Charlie McAvoy on my draftkings roster tonight.

Also, glad to see Bergeron skatin today!

18. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Nov 17, 2006
    MA
    Didn't work out too well. The Avs certainly don't look like the team that was so bad last year, and the Bruins...I expected growing pains and I know they have only played three games but they need to take points in these games against teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. They need Bergeron back now.

MDent77 likes this.

19. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    The Red Wings...

Bah...

They need help in goaltending. Mrazek and Howard aren't good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.