Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Official 2017-18 NHL thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Man, I just heard The Oil's arch rivals, signed Jagr...we open the season against them tomorrow night, at home. Gonna be real fun!

ftbtx likes this.

2. BrandonIke

BrandonIke TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Carolina is on my list of sleeper teams this year. So many young studs on D, Williams signed, Aho is dirty, and Darling is a really strong goalie who's finally getting a no 1 shot

3. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Got some pics?

4. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Looking ahead, the 'Canes are back in Edmonton, on the 17th of the month. Those 2 preseason games tell me it's gonna be a good one!

BrandonIke likes this.

5. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    [​IMG]

6. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    IMG_1919.JPG

7. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    I for one, wish the Penguins would revert back to their light blue / dark blue / white uniforms. I don't subscribe to the "all Pittsburgh is black and gold" mentality.
    See my avatar for my vote.

Curious; is there any other city where all the pro teams have the same colors?

Frank'n'censed likes this.

8. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    I can't say I dislike the old Scouts uniforms - they kept much the same when they moved to Denver to be the (original) Colorado Rockies. Then off to NJ. The first green and red of the Devils were rather hideous.

9. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    see, I like the blues, but I really like the black and gold. As long as they keep the skating Penguin and don't go back to the Robo-Penguin or the pseudo-Rangers block letters, all is good.

10. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    I don't disagree; the latest uniforms are fine. I truly hated the "flying pigeon" years as well as the Vegas Gold.

11. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    What, you don't dig holiday colours? ;)

12. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Nothing ever topped these for ugly, though:
    [​IMG]

ftbtx and troy2003 like this.

13. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    IMG_1920.JPG
    Kinda puts a smyl on your face

The yellow version was even more hideous...like a school bus running a crosswalk. Couldn't happen to a better team :lol: They actually paid $100,000, in '78 currency, to a San Francisco outfit, to come up with those things! Humour has it they were of Chinese decent, hense the frying vee...

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/s...robe+history+from+hideous/11716889/story.html

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    ftbtx and Ron R like this.

14. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Hoping the Wild will finally do something. The status quo is streaks of playing great, then tank it for a while.
    Off topic, and no intent to hijack- but the “North Stars” name should have been mothballed until they got a new team.

15. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville
    Thursday can't come soon enough! Very excited to see some old and new faces on the 'Hawk lineup along with some changes in their on ice approach to the game.

16. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    Yep, those were bad. I thought those have some historical significance - do you really think someone somewhere said, "let's take ridiculous colors and align them in a ridiculous V-pattern"?

I quickly looked online, and the Vancouver Millionares had a general V pattern on their jerseys.

17. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    In the Atlantic Division, only the Toronto Mapleleafs and (possibly) the Tampa Bay Lightning [if they stay healthy] will be ahead of my Boston Bruins this season. We've got some young guns ready to make some noise. Though this may be Canada's best shot at getting a Cup (Edmonton).

18. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    BTW, The NHL is never content with keeping ratings low...

I hear they want to slow the game down by enforcing FACEOFF violations this year!

[​IMG]

19. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    I'm thinking you may want to add MTL to that mix. When Price is on, tough team to beat.

I really thinking Edmonton is on the rise, but they are a couple years out from true contention.
    Huge McDavid fan (since he played OHL for my hometown Erie Otters), but in reality they need a small amount of seasoning.

20. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2016
    New England
    Not at all. Patrick Roy could stand on his head and help the Habs win a Cup (1992-93) but Price can't stay healthy enough to win a bacon pancake breakfast. The Habs are on the downward trend.

Yes. They are still somewhat youthful but they better win now. Because a lot of clubs are rising as well. It's now or never.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.