Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Mighty Reapers

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by richiek65, Jan 11, 2019.

1. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted

In the eighties, bands like this were keeping it real down here in Oz, a righteous antidote to all the other rubbish that we had to put up with, haha!

Continental Robert Susz is one very cool front man, and Dave Brewer on guitar is one tasty player

Electric Warrior, Deebs3 and elihu like this.
  2. t guitar floyd

t guitar floyd Tele-Holic

Feb 4, 2016
    sw US
    What song is that? Sounds suspiciously like "High Heeled Sneakers".
    (Maybe it is a medley . . . "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" . . . oh yeah, heard a bit of "out of Sight" too). Cool! :cool:

richiek65 likes this.
  3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Definite James Brown influence.
    And that's a good thing.

richiek65 likes this.
  4. Deebs3

Deebs3 TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Australia
    This my favorite reapers track

richiek65 likes this.
  5. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted

Just found out their bass player died unexpectedly a couple of months back, he was a groove monster, very sad. They have shelved the name of the band as a mark of respect but are carrying on with a new bass player under a new name. Seems they only get together once a year for a reunion gig these days and I just found out that it was Saturday just gone..I missed it by 2 days!

6. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted

Dave Brewer has such a nice touch.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.