Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Meloncaster Project (aka Son of Buttercaster)

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Buckocaster51, Jun 4, 2007.

1. andy__woods

andy__woods Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2005
    Michigan
    bucko, i counted 23 guitars in that photo! You're a lucky dog, and a fantastic craftsman (whether you'll admit it or not). Keep these build threads coming!

2. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post

Shhhhh!

She doesn't know!

;)

Thanks much kids...the cleaning is going just fine.

NOT!

3. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    Cool.............. Looks like there'll be a couple of real wood double-necks coming out of Buck's Garage.

4. martyb1

martyb1 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 18, 2007
    Alberta,Canada
    You have to get that car out of there to give you some more room ;)
    [​IMG]

5. emailhot

emailhot Tele-Meister

Nov 24, 2006
    Nanton, Alberta, Canada
    Buck...

...Looking at all your guitars....

... I'm speechless

6. milkshape

milkshape Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2006
    New England
    goodness gracious, that is amazing. One day buck I'll be that good, one great day that is far from today. That is 9 different kinds of all right.

7. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Huh?? Do something about what? Did ya leave the top off the bottle of glue? Oh, yeah, it'll dry up.. I hate it when that happens..

I only see about a half a dozen bodies, whatzup with that, You gettin' lazy?

Ron Kirn

8. Chaparral

Chaparral Tele-Meister

Feb 19, 2007
    Kentucky
    If this is your kitchen then obviously, there is no Mrs. Buckocaster!

9. daviddoubleu

daviddoubleu Tele-Holic

Jun 29, 2006
    Taipei, Taiwan
    WOWee Buck!

Amazing work once again.

Thanks again for the sharing, really inspirational. My painting studio has a simillar look to your Telecaster workshop.

Now that's one dreamers Telecaster rack of plenty you have there.

10. spankdplank

spankdplank Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2007
    Houston, Tx.
    Bucko--your work and this thread inspired me to build this guitar (more photos in my gallery). Thank you so much for all your pictures and instructions (including what not to do), on this thread and your many others. I would have never tried to do a metalflake, and I am sure my end result would have been much worse, without your guidance. Keep 'em coming!

[​IMG]

11. bo

bo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Those pictures belong in somebody's guitar calendar or something.

12. TelecasterBlooz

TelecasterBlooz Tele-Afflicted

Jul 10, 2007
    Necedah, WI
    Amen!

Or Vintage Guitar Player, Guitar Player, The Fender catalog or something! Dayum! I wish I had HALF the skill you do..I'd send one or three to Mr. Paisley and let him have a go...ya never know:cool:

13. Tele me more

Tele me more TDPRI Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Georgia, US
    Those are *beautiful* instruments. Wonderful builds and photos. I'm learning a lot of new things reading and watching. Thank you so much for documenting so fully this wonderful Tele build. Those 3 sparklers by the tree just ooze class!

14. Pete Galati

Pete Galati R.I.P.

Mar 25, 2006
    Nice start Buckocaster!

Let's see..... Roy G. Biv

You only have a few sparkles left.

Pete

15. ftitele

ftitele TDPRI Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    I've thoroughly enjoyed your amazing contribution. It's awesome.

I've noticed that the Tele's in the guitar stand all face left. Is there a reason for that? I know it's a silly question, but for some reason I can't let it go.

16. Buckocaster51

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Thanks again everybody.

I use that same type of stand on stage...putting the guitar in that way puts the cord jack to the outside...so I can leave a cord plugged in while it is in the stand...

...of course, with a cord plugged in, there is a chance that somebody might trip over it...

but that is the reason.

17. ftitele

ftitele TDPRI Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Netherlands
    Very logical... thanks for indulging me;)

18. Gareth John

Gareth John Tele-Afflicted

Oct 10, 2006
    England
    Great guitars AGAIN! You do a mighty fine job of them too. I can't wait to see what you come up with on those double neck bodies. I'm hoping to build a guitar one day, but I'm moving house at the mo and have to get myself a studio set up before I can even think about constructing guitars. I'll live out my fantasy in your excellent pictures and descriptions of your fantastic builds. Keep up the good work :)

19. Buckocaster51

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Hey kids...I just wrote up the process of maching bodies for flush ferrules in the Doublecaster Project build thread. I mention it here because I also worked on some new Sparklecaster (aka Son of Meloncaster) bodies.

All of my work is based upon this ferrule primer by Ron Kirn. If you haven't looked at Ron's primer, you should.

Ron's tips and technique work!

[​IMG]

They're bonafide!

20. Lostheart

Lostheart Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2005
    Germany
    I have to admit that when you got the glitter out and the guitar was in its early stages I thought that it looked completely hideous and girly but now that it's finished I'm amazed by its look and its coolness. Congrats and thanks for taking us along on the ride...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.