Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Loar guitars - any love?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by pdmartin, May 18, 2017.

1. pdmartin

pdmartin Tele-Meister

Oct 29, 2012
    What's everyone's opinion of and experience with The Loar archtop guitar line in general? Trash, treasure or middle of the road?

2. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    A friend has one. It is very nice.

3. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2010
    Columbia, MO
    Not an archtop but I have the LO-216 Single O model. Very nice quality and sound.

4. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    I've played a couple. They're better than average and great platforms for tweaking to taste.

5. john kleeman

john kleeman Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2010
    Portland, Or.
    I have the LH 650 I picked up used. It's really fun to play. It's a really different flavor from my tele or Hamer studio.

6. Spacemanspiff500

Spacemanspiff500 TDPRI Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Highland, ca
    I have been looking at archtops myself lately. Loar has some cool stuff for the price. Heads up d angelico has the premier line now. You can get in to one of their jazz boxes now without having to sell a kidney to pay for it. They run about 7 to 8 hundred.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.