Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Internet is destroying Humanity!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yup. The net is just a reflection of it.

soulgeezer likes this.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    and, they were right. Actual knowledge was being replaced by the medium

Sollipsist likes this.

3. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Actually that was just a Moe-ism. I don't really blame society. I blame the Illuminati.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018

4. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    The only thing that the internetS did was make you even more AWARE of the stupidity ,ignorance and lazyness out there since everybody and his mother can post online for the world to see...the jewels of their intelligence.

You only have yourself to blame if you actually fall for this stupidity and take it for granted.

Fake news and propaganda always existed,the medium has changed from radio, newspapers and TV to the web, that's all.

The only difference is that nobody can actually control them by 100% anymore.

;)

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Keep believing that. That's what they want you to think!

Jakedog and Mr. Lumbergh like this.

6. Cesspit

Cesspit Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2014
    Oxfordshire England
    Easier does not always mean better. I think the original post needs to be taken in context with today's trend of everyone being special. I notice many younger folks need to be constantly told how great they are. The internet allows people to instantly disagree in a very public way which clearly affects many of those being disagreed with. Are people more sensitive today? For sure. As an oldie I just don't get it.

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I still got my Funky Wagon, y’all

Jakedog, Slim and Nickadermis like this.

8. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Actually, I'M destroying humanity...

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!

Jakedog and grooveiron like this.

9. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Wait, what? My parents were... American? :confused:o_O:lol:

10. BryMelvin

BryMelvin Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2014
    Arivaca AZ
    In the time of Henry VIII the printing of the Bible in common languages helped split a religion into several factions.:twisted:

Later education for commoners ruined most the monarchies in the world.:)

Technology for the masses has ruined education in mathematics as very few High school graduates can calculate a cosin or a cube root without technology:confused:

Then a system of communication between the DOD and Colleges (ARPANET) and an obsolete military system (MILNET) became public (AKA internet beginning) and
    in time became a source of completely unreliable and often wrong information available to millions.o_O

But it's a slower means of solving the population problem than publishing "Nukes for Dummies"
    :(

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Humanity was going downhill long before the internet. We are now in the Anthropocene ... the human epoch. Which, by definition means that there will be an end to our species. So, don't worry, be happy. Live every day like it is your last ... to the fullest.

Yes, I did walk away from this silly, stupid civilization as much as I could and still enjoy life, and I pray daily for a huge solar flair to knock out all technology and put everyone back on an even plain of the basics of life.

Then we could have real spectator sports again:

12. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    The internet is just the circus, where all the suckers born every minute perform.
    At this circus, unlike real life, we can say anything because there's nobody there to slap us. Gradually the suckers have reprogrammed the info of reality, like an invasive species with no natural predators.
    It's not so bad that "we no longer need to remember facts".
    Instead and worse, now we propagate falsehood.

@DougM , you forgot that when we Google, we get misinformation, even as "we all" know that Google is 80% misinformation, and even as we argue that falsehood is truth, because somewhere, someone is always wrong on the internet, and we are powerless over our need to fix it.
    But after all, we are the internet, and the internet is us.

The end comes when we cannot go out and leave the internet at home.

At least the junkie knows they are hopelessly sick, and there is treatment and 12 step recovery available.

AKA: "Yet, here we are".

13. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    I still hope for a brighter future. But I did most of my world traveling in the 80s and 90s. At the time I sailed a good bit of the world and had it in my head that when I retired I wanted to do so sailing around the world. Today many of those places I wanted to travel to are not safe to travel and my desire to do so has just about evaporated.

I do hope this trend reverses . I doubt that it will improve enough in my lifetime to change my mind but it would be nice if future generations could feel safe enough to get to know one another without weaponry involved.

The internet has yet to sort itself out. At first it made some giant leaps in getting information to places that didn't have access before. But it quickly became twisted to a giant soapbox. I don't think anything can ever be truly free of bias as a news source without old fashioned journalistic integrity, perhaps someday that is what people will desire and will spend money to get it. Until then most of what is put out will be shaped by whatever money sponsors it. It's hard to demand Journalistic excellence when we expect to get it for free I suppose.

Oh well, I guess that is why we have Tele's to distract us from the nonsense :)

Obsessed and william tele like this.

14. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2015
    Amersfoort
    OP: TLDR. U got YouTube version? L0lcat.

15. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    All good things must come to an end. Humans are but a blip in the course of time. We were never meant to be here forever.

16. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Since pokemon go failed to save us from ourselves, maybe the fight for net neutrality should be dropped.
    Let business have it and we can all detox off the web.

But, then what would we do?

Obsessed likes this.

17. telemnemonics

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    True but we may have some control over our final hours...

william tele and Jakedog like this.

18. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Just curious: How many realize we’re not actually discussing the Internet here? It’s the World Wide Web that’s being talked about in this thread.

19. rad1

rad1 Tele-Holic

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    Change is hard

20. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    Blipped out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.