Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

the first cut is the deepest

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by the tool, Apr 20, 2017.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    I know the where and when of all my wounds, on myself and my guitars.
    We accept each other.
    Last Sunday (Easter) I had a freak accident on my brand new PJ bass.
    We played a party on a small outdoor stage.
    I put my new bass on a stand, and put the gig bag upright behind the bass.
    The wind caught the bag, the bag blew into the bass, and sent the bass falling on it's face.
    Nice chip in the headstock, 3 nice chips on the front.
    Oh well, my fault, and I'll remember how it happened as long as I own and play the bass.
    Kinda cool, in a way.

the tool likes this.
  2. the tool

the tool Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    its not. Its a parts guitar, nothing fender in it. Hosco body, Allparts neck, Allparts hardware, gotoh stuff and so on

3. connuchar

connuchar TDPRI Member

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    Just think of this as the beginning of a slow relicing process

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    It is the telecaster of heartbreak, ten years from now it will a road worn sweetheart

the tool likes this.
  6. perttime

perttime Tele-Holic

Apr 13, 2014
    Finland
    Chicks dig scars....

Is it all the way to the wood? Maybe seal it with something? Nail polish maybe.

7. the tool

the tool Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    I havent decided
    yep, a litle wood came off to.

8. 10thoufirst

10thoufirst Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Nov 16, 2013
    England
    I thought that was drummers... but then again, they often huddle up together, perhaps they are discussing tactics.

goonie and DarkKnight37 like this.
  9. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    If it is a Poly finish you need to put something on there as now moisture can get behind the poly and it will continue to chip. Black fingernail polish or even Testor's model paint will get you a pretty good match. It amazes me how many colors my wife's fingernail lady has on hand.

If it is a nitro finish you may be ok with it as it is. It won't chip as bad as Poly but I would dab a little black on it and you won't notice it......... much.

And bass players, with their long necks and big ears they are always banging into things... I should know, I is one!

the tool likes this.
  10. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    I remember the first ding I got on my old/former '96 RI paisley Tele. It was at church, actually, and it happened as I also was trying to turn around to walk out of the choir section. Nearly killed me because I like for my stuff to look as good as possible but - I wound up with more dings in it (and I'm sure an injured B/G tuning hole) after the entire guitar got knocked over by a (now-deceased) band member one night during a street dance. The guitar never stayed in tune all night and I was one very upset fella!!

Owenmoney likes this.
  11. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Tele-Holic

Apr 11, 2016
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes indeed, drummers can be use the worst tactics! They tend to want to set their cymbal boom stands in a manner that creates a "Rhino Horn" that always invades the guitarists space, even though they could easily achieve the same cymbal placement "WITHOUT" being obtrusive! Of course, given that they're drummers, if you try to explain the geometry of how it will work the same without being a pain to others, all you get is a "deer in the headlights" look, along with insistence that that's how he wants it!

Why Do Guitarists Keep Drumsticks On The Dash Of their Car?
    Gene

10thoufirst and the tool like this.
  12. the tool

the tool Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    its poly so i might just do that, seal it.

13. scottser

scottser Tele-Meister

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    firstly, the lads are bang on correct, building up layers of black superglue will repair that no problem, then polish it so it blends in nicely.
    i'm reminded of the time my local pub got new carpet. the landlord was getting so agitated at people dropping cigarette butts and spilling beer on his new carpet that he finally came out from behind the bar with 2 pints of guinness and an ashtray and threw the lot onto the carpet for the sake of his own sanity..

14. Grux

Grux Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I hear ya man, my buddy plays bass for us and he's hell on MY stuff! LOL

15. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Meister

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    Ya know, it makes ya sound guilty after ya say now deceased after they ding your guitar

16. eddy8dynamite

eddy8dynamite TDPRI Member Ad Free Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Chardon, Ohio
    It's a Telecaster. If you don't get some dings on it you're not playing it right.

the tool likes this.
  17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Bought a used MIM JB standard. Came with a ding that enabled me to get a really good deal. I liked this ding. But for protection sake, not perfection, fixed it.
    IMG_1492973094.094397.jpg

IMG_1492973236.303616.jpg

A little over $2 at corner drug store. Not a bad color match.

IMG_1492973302.437546.jpg

the tool and brogh like this.
  18. chiefline

chiefline Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2014
    new jersey
    Well now you have to buy a new one

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.