Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Eagles Rise Again With Two Fill-Ins; Vince Gill & Frey's son

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Flakey, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Did you see Don's solo band? (He was on ACL) While competent musicians, they weren't going to be filling stadiums any time soon.

Is Stuart Smith still in the mix? He wasn't in the publicity picture. But neither were any of the other extra musicians.

theEagles2017_Myriam-Santos_sm-1496338769.jpg

soulman969 and william tele like this.

2. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I couldn't care less about the drama around the band, or whether or not its a cash grab. I just want to hear Vince Gill and Don Henley sing together.

suthol, Durtdog, nsmith01tx and 2 others like this.

3. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

Irving, Irving, Irving...

Yep, we really need to to hear those tired-ass songs one more time...o_O

Oh - and Vince needs to hit the frickin' gym.

Alright, that's it.

I'm all outta vinegar...:confused:

GuitarsFromMars and Grux like this.

4. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California

5. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Yeah but who gets to play the Tele? ;)

This is interesting news. Vince was a member of Pure Prairie League once upon a time so it's a good fit and he adds another great high register voice. Don't know a damn thing about Glenn's son though but do we have a little Dahni Harrison kinda thing happening?

I like the idea that they've decided not perish. They've always been a great live act.

william tele likes this.

6. DonM

DonM Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
    The Eagles members didn't die (except for Frey), they just quit or were fired. i.e. Meisner, Leadon, and Felder. Skynard is more like a tribute band anymore.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017

7. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2012
    UTOPIA
    At a hundred dollars a ticket they sounded great from Michigan Ave. , on my bike, outside of Tiger Stadium , 1994 if I remember correctly.

8. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc

9. bigbean

bigbean Tele-Afflicted

Feb 6, 2013
    Hartville OH

Right and Right. To Irving A I would add J Walsh's ex wife's attorneys. Are we heading to "Ghost Bands" like the touring Glenn Miller bands of the 60s? I'd say, Yah.

Oh well, it's a gig.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    broadcaster likes this.

10. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Meister

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Not to defend them, but it's still better than calling your band "Foreigner" when it's the guitarist and 4 or 5 subs.

nojazzhere likes this.

11. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Hell froze over again.

12. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    From the song list:
    Life In the Cash Lane
    Take It For Deposit
    Seven Figures Road

AAT65, Kingpin and Grux like this.

13. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    greed.

Nothing else to be said, and as far as "the Eagles" that died with Glenn, just like there is no more "KISS" just a money grabbing Paul and Gene. What's disappointing to me is all these bands do "farewells" to get some insane ticket prices on their supposed last tour and end up doing the same thing 10 more times. "Oh, but this is with Vince Gill and Glenn's son!" Whoopty-do, all I see are some dirty money grubbing old bastards.

GuitarsFromMars likes this.

14. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm trying to figure out how all you guys seem to be right in the heads of the band members in question? No offense to anyone but I have seen first hand the pure love and hunger to play music and to make people happy. Is it really such a stretch that these guys just want to play?

Jackson Browne nailed it when he sang about playing his piano after a concert. "Make sure you got it all packed away...before you come for my piano"...

It happens...jeez.

nojazzhere, Chip, MickM and 2 others like this.

15. broadcaster

broadcaster Tele-Holic

Oct 16, 2003
    Joliet, Illinois
    Based on the above posted video of Vince Gill singing Peaceful Easy Feeling, I am looking forward to hearing the sound of the latest edition of the Eagles.

BTW, my favorite Eagles line up was the 1976-77 version with Randy Meisner playing bass along with his unique vocals.

william tele and Durtdog like this.

16. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars TDPRI Member

Apr 15, 2017
    ...playing in traffic
    This is another money grab by Azoff & Henley. Sharp stick in the eye to Felder, who Henley will not forgive in this or any lifetime. They never needed VG, they could have done the right thing, but no, that would involve having some humility and mercy. Not Henley. Never a great drummer, never a great person, just lost in his problems.

17. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    It isn't a stretch at all, hell we all love to play music that's why we're musicians. The point is these guys are so well known and famous they don't have to have VG or anyone else to go play and make music whenever and with whoever they wish.

They can make people happy by playing as a 3 piece for that matter, but to have this "grandiose lineup" and call it the eagles is to sell tickets and charge a premium price for those tickets. If anyone wants to go see them that's their business, but i wouldn't.

I love the eagles too Glenn was the man, and i can catch Joe Walsh solo. I'm not gonna fatten the pocket of Henley, he's had the best solo career of all of them because "The eagles are over ".

"Henley" plays the Ryman, "the eagles" play stadiums.......looks like a little more that just wanting to make people happy to me.

broadcaster likes this.

18. mfromb

mfromb TDPRI Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Boston, MA
    i'd pay good money to see Joe and Vince play a whole show together, without hesitation. Spitting out some Eagles tunes would be a small bonus. I hope young Frey is up for whatever role they have for him, but I have no idea what talents he may or may not possess.

i was fortunate to catch The Eagles at the Yale Bowl in June of 1980. Took final exams as a sophmore in high school, hopped a Greyhound bus from Boston to New Haven with a half dozen HS friends and arrived the evening before the concert. We pulled an all-nighter in a large grass lot across from the stadium with hundreds of others who set up makeshift camp. Crashed the barricades around sunrise to get to front of line. Waited a couple few hours before they opened gates (General Admission seating for that show). Ran into stadium, among the first few dozen onto the field, bolted to center stage, realized how tall the stage was so we backed up sufficiently to get good view of whole stage, threw out a blanket and crashed hard until the first act was prepping to some out.

Little River Band (wut?), followed by Heart and then The Eagles. To this day, still my #1 concert experience despite being too young and maybe a little too much of something else to have appreciated it as much as i would if it were today... older, wiser, and not ingesting illegal substances. ;-)

I believe this tour contributed to the Eagles Double Live album... but no tracks from this particular show were used. However, a cool consolation is that I technically made the album as a little red dot in the overhead photo of this concert date that was included as a poster inside the album. Still have that picture of 'me' as a remembrance of that long couple of days.

Thank you, Mom, for agreeing to let me do something i would never have let my kids do! :)

Despite the lineup changes, I'd stand in line to see what there is of 'them' again, if the opportunity came about.

william tele likes this.

19. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2003
    Harmony, R.I.
    I'd sure watch it at home on Bluray or a live stream.

I was lucky enough to see the 1974 Eagles a week after "The California Jam" in Providence, RI at a lightly attended show. Frey remarked "we just played the California Jam, and this is BETTER!" (referencing the small, far from SRO crowd). They KILLED...just fabulous!! Eagles, Desperado, On The Border, and One Of These Nights are my "Eagles".

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.