Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The DeeLuxe!

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by getbent, Dec 18, 2008.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I had some parts and pieces and so I decided I needed to learn some stuff and get a project to practice on and I'm trying to do anything to avoid one work project that I just can't finish... ugh! I hate completion anxiety.

Anyway, I still have a long way to go with this one.. but I thought I'd show you my progress tonight...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm calling it the deluxe... because I have a cool car emblem that I"m going to mount on it when I'm done... I haven't finished the headstock yet either...

oh well, I will.

its got a pickguard I got for 5.00, a bill lawrence neck strat pickup and a lawrence 280 bridge pickup... stew mac pots etc and a joe barden bridge.. some cool klusons.. it needs some serious setup.. but, it will be cool when I'm done.

2. wikur

wikur Tele-Meister

Sep 7, 2006
    Sweden
    Hi Getbent!!
    Nice guitar you`ve got there.
    I`ve been looking at that white neck pickup,Cool or not?
    Yes,it`s really cool!!

3. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I really like the look of that. Nice Job.

4. mrothacker

mrothacker Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Asheville
    What kind of pickups and body wood ? and how does it sound ?

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

the pickups are a bill lawrence (I think 280) neck strat pickup that my friend gave me a set awhile back and they needed to be used and I was happy with my strat... as to the body wood... hmm, I dunno. mrothacker, you are a big part of my inspiration to get do something with the body (it was the ssh squier body) that we talked about. I couldn't sell the guitar and stock I just could not get it to sound the way I wanted.... and then, after we swapped emails... the light came on and I thought... it is kind of a clarence rig with a strat in the neck...

It sounds pretty good... I snapped those pics right after the last screw was in place though and it will require setup and some adjustments.... I'd bet I have it apart 3 or 4 more times to tweak stuff... I'm still not as good (and never will be) as a lot of guys here who are just awesome... I am constantly humbled by my suckitude... I will hail my cordless dremel tool... it is a wonder...

6. mrothacker

mrothacker Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2008
    Asheville
    Oh that's great ! So it is that cedar body . I've never owned them but it seems that everybody raves about those Bill Lawrence pickups . I'll bet that guitar is pretty darn light .

So what are you going to do with the cheap pickups that were in it ? I am just starting to build 5 guitars from scratch , and maybe you could unload them on me ?

7. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    That's a looker!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.