Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

The Creamery......

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Swampash&Tweed, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

2. TheFullMonty

TheFullMonty Tele-Holic

I think that's somewhere around $375 USD, but don't quote me on that.

3. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Holic

At current exchange rates it's about 369 or 370usd. But you're looking at the wrong set if you're looking at the regular Classic 71 set for 236gbp; those are vintage size wide range humbucker size, the same size as the Lollar Regals. If you're looking for a standard humbucker sized set, the Creamery has those too, the Baby 71 set. It's only 164gbp, or around 256 or 257usd at the moment.
    And I personally highly recommend the Creamery stuff, Jaime makes great pups. I have both the full size Classic 71's as a set, and a single neck position Baby 71. They all sound great and very much like the original wide range from the 70's; the full size ones more so, but the Baby 71 definitely captures a wide range humbucker vibe in a very good way too - but it is a bit different, close, but definitely different.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Freethenoise

Freethenoise Tele-Holic

Just as a thing.

I put up a video a while back of my partscaster that has a Creamery 71 WRHB in the neck, just to give an idea of how it sounds.
    It's lovely with a nice single coil bridge pickup and the four way mod, I feel bad for my strat and Guild, they've been in their cases for a while since I got this.

Excuse the terrible playing,

6. Swampash&Tweed

Thanks fot that Info! Yeah I think the baby set is the way I might go. But I might change my mind again before I sell my Bogner for the cash. Here is the Thinline body I got for them:

[​IMG]

Really looking forward to this project. I really appriciate the help. I just need some money to finish her up.

Can I please see a shot of your two guitars with them installed? Thanks in advance!

7. Swampash&Tweed

Also have you tried any of there Single coil voiced Humbuckers? The Wide-O" Single Coil Voiced Humbuckers look very interesting. :cool:

8. hongaku

hongaku Tele-Holic

That body looks nice! And to answer your question about the single coil voiced hums, no I haven't tried any of those...yet. One day maybe though.

The two on the left (the white blonde and the inca silver). I've since changed the inca silver one around and it doesn't currently have the Baby 71 in it, but my plan is to get a bridge Baby 71 to match it and throw them in my Les Paul.

Attached Files:

9. Swampash&Tweed

Nice! :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.