Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Circle has completed!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by tjnies, Sep 28, 2017.

1. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    I am primarily an acoustic player, but enjoy a bit of electric now and then. Started with an 8502 Telecaster and a SF VibroChamp, then went down the rabbit hole.

Traded the Tele for numerous "better" guitars, certainly more costly. Gibson ES-335, PRS DGT, Danocaster Tele, Gretsch G6120.

Amps too; I bought Dr Zs, a couple 69 PRs, Redplate, vintage tweed Vibrolux, custom-built amps. All very good, but for a basement player not practical. Except the Vibrolux; I did like that amp! Sold it stupidly.

Anyway, after all that, I have sold all of them, and returned full-circle. I recently found a 2T sunburst 8502 and bought it. Paired with my old 65 BF VibroChamp, sounds wonderful. So pleased I had a chance to rediscover what I had initially!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    GearHund, 24 track, Crobbins and 5 others like this.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Cool, enjoy them!

24 track likes this.

3. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Pearland, TX
    Nice! Played one of those is a store years ago, and it was great! Congrats!

24 track likes this.

4. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    Right there with you.
    It would take me a while to stop and list how many amps and guitars I've owned over the last 25 years.
    I currently have two fantastic telecasters, a SF vibrochamp and a mustang lll V2.
    Covers all my electric bases.
    I also have 4 acoustics, but let's not start that thread yet!

24 track likes this.

5. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Welcome back my friend to the show that'll never end :D

djh22 and 24 track like this.

6. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    A great combination. It can be strange where your sonic adventure can lead to.

24 track likes this.

8. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    Thanks for the replies! Oddly enough, even the brown strap was purchased for the first 8502. Not expensive but very comfortable. I put it away during my journey but brought it back out for this purchase. It's as comfy as I recall!

Boy, more amps and guitars that have passed through came to mind: Swart and DRRI amps, Thorn Gratura (which was an incredible guitar but way out of my league ability-wise). I suspect a couple more will come back to my memory as well.

24 track likes this.

9. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    very cool , enjoy for sure

10. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    Well, I allow myself to own a few nice Martin custom shop guitars, and one vintage model. They are each special and wonderful! As you said, that's an addiction discussion for another day...

11. jpjr50

jpjr50 Tele-Holic

Sep 9, 2015
    South Florida
    Isn't that amazing how that happens? I'd like to have back the two guitars I've sold. At the time I had to sell them but now my entire family is like I wish you still have those. Dammit!!!!!

12. tjnies

tjnies Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2009
    Latrobe PA
    A small update: I noticed when I got the Tele, the frets were in need of help, and a good setup overall.
    I can do parts of the setup (like intonation) but thought I'd better consult a professional for its first checkup. Just got it back from him...really changed everything for the better, tone and feel-wise!
    I'm a happy camper!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.