Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

THE BYRDS EIGHT MILES HIGH WITH CLARENCE WHITE LIVE

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by chemobrain, Mar 27, 2017.

1. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
  2. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    Love that video!! Too bad that there's not more if that concert available!!

3. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Meister

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Whole lotta Skip and Gene in this... I'm wondering if they lost the footage of the camera that was on Clarence, or if he was just too boring to watch?

There isn't much film of them from this era, but there are piles of live audio recordings (many of which are very good) of the Byrds from '69-'72.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Skip and Gene sure earned their pay here.
    I wore the Untitled album out when I was in the 9th grade.
    Great stuff!

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I never realised this. From Wikipedia:

Although the basic idea for the song had been discussed during the band's flight to England, it didn't actually begin to take shape until the Byrds' November 1965 tour of the U.S.[9] To alleviate the boredom of traveling from show to show during the tour, Crosby had brought along cassette recordings of Ravi Shankar's music and the John Coltrane albums Impressions and Africa/Brass, which were on constant rotation on the tour bus.[18][19] The influence of these recordings on the band would manifest itself in the music of "Eight Miles High" and its B-side "Why".[18]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.