Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Buttercaster Project

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Buckocaster51, Sep 13, 2006.

1. telex

telex Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2006
    New Hampshire, USA
    Bucko, I hope you are over your case of pnemonia, I know thats nasty stuff.

I am really exited about the John Deere Green. That with a black guard, and maple neck would look sweet! I have been thinking of a similar color.

2. Gilamnstr

Gilamnstr Tele-Afflicted

Feb 20, 2007
    Northwest AZ
    Bucko - just wanted to revive this thread long enough to give you a big "Thanks!". I've referred to this thread several times as I'm putting together my first "Partscaster" and it's been a HUGE help!

3. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Friend of Leo's

Dec 12, 2006
    New Hampshire, USA
    +1

I'm working on my fifth build now. I was inspired to start by the Buttercaster Project and I come back to it quite a bit to review. And this weekend I will be doing my first binding! :eek:

I've been really studying that portion of the thread for tips and I think I know what I'm doing.

Thanks Bucko!

4. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Thanks guys.

I appreciate that.

Jelle! Your first binding! Go slowly...and never scratch an itch near your eye when you are working with super glue!

Cheers

Steve Dikkers
    aka Buckocaster51

5. 1buba

1buba TDPRI Member

Nov 4, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Just wanted to bring this back to the top and see where you are Bucko...

I'm waiting, not so patiently, for my neck and body from USACG. I'm trying this one first:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Next one will be a body from scratch. :)

Thanks for this thread, it has showed me a ton. Now, if I can just balance the laptop on the drill press while I'm working...

6. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Friend of Leo's

Dec 12, 2006
    New Hampshire, USA
    Try looking here: (click)

7. grizzlyb

grizzlyb NEW MEMBER!

Dec 26, 2007
    Holland
    Honestly, I am on page 15 and never have read the rest. I just jumped to this point to put in this reply.

Buckomaster,
    As You probably know, in Holland we have 2 days of Cristmas Holydays.
    My better half is working both days, but I didn't notice at all. I have been reading this story for 2 days and it probably will take 2 days more to finnish it. :+))
    Thanks friend. You gave me one of the better Christmas's ever.

edit:
    28th december. Finnished reading, Buckocaster, RonKirn and all You Tele-friends that chipped in with info and humor, thanks so much for the lessons and laughs.
    I'll try to give some back when I start building my own.... (I don't know if its a crime here, but it probably won't be a Telecaster but an other of the Fender family, a $.....caster :oops: )

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007

8. Helmetbolt

Helmetbolt NEW MEMBER!

Wow.. I was doing an internet search on Norm Abram and a picture of an unfinished tele body appeared. I clicked on the link and found this thread. Three hours later & I've just finished it. Fantastic... I have now joined the forum for more....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.