Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Buttercaster Project

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Buckocaster51, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Dr Gonzo

Dr Gonzo Tele-Meister

Nov 13, 2006
    England, Surrey
    Woah 1000posts,
    Buck - that just shows how much of a great inspiration you are on this forum! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and skills with all of us on the TDPRI

2. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Hey kids!

I need some inspiration and encoragement to get back to putting these things together.

Kind words.

Money.

Promises.

Threats.

What ever it takes...

Give it to me.

Enjoy your weekend.

:D

3. wikur

wikur Tele-Meister

Sep 7, 2006
    Sweden
    Hi Buckocaster!
    I would like to thank you for your fantastic thread!Please continue to share your builds with us.It has made me start a build of my own and with your guidance and Ron Kirns templates I`m now ready to start sanding a freshly routed telecaster body.Please keep us posted on your future projects!
    Thanks a million!Wikur!

4. brianwahl

brianwahl TDPRI Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Durham, NC
    I have exactly the same thing to say. In fact, here is my build thread.

Keep it up - your work is very inspiring!

5. kyle1167

kyle1167 Tele-Holic

Jul 9, 2006
    Iowa
    I'll go with the threat

DO IT, OR ELSE!!

6. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Friend of Leo's

Dec 12, 2006
    New Hampshire, USA
    Well, I already started an entire thread thanking you for the Buttercaster Project, so if I do any more it will either look like I've got my nose up a certain part of your anatomy, or I'm stalking you!

Suffice it say - GO FOR IT!

Is it perhaps time to start a new thread? Son of Buttercaster... Bride of Buttercaster... Buttercaster Strikes Back...

7. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    I think you should start a new thread for your next project. Now that this one has surpassed 1000 posts, I think you've set a record that will never be broken. It's hard to find things in the 26 pages this thread encompasses.

Maybe call it the The Ballerinacaster Project.

8. Tom S

Tom S Friend of Leo's

Aug 3, 2005
    C'mon, just get to work, lazy. :lol:

But do it in another thread. This one is already full to capacity. It would be like stringing all of Norm Abrahm's project's into a single book with no separations and table of contents.

9. milkshape

milkshape Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2006
    New England
    I'll race you! 'course I have one coat of primer on the body, so it's a bit of a head start for me. But hey it's my first one, and I like to refer to you as that little tele factory in the wilds of Iowa.

10. mustek27

mustek27 Tele-Meister

May 20, 2007
    uk
    jeysus man you are a truly amaizing bloke i could never build one like that or at all anyway in a million years. big respect to ya mate.

11. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Tele-Afflicted

yes, buckocaster....

new build = new thread

thanks!

12. Old Guy

Old Guy Tele-Meister

May 27, 2005
    WHITTIER, CA
    Do it, Do it now, I know were you live !!!!!!

13. namida

namida Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2006
    Philippines
    I followed on through this thread the whole week. Excellent work there Buckocaster! I am amazed and inspired by this wonderful documentation and now I'm thinking of having a partscaster in the future, far away future :D
    The thought of playing something you built or partially for that matter, really had me thinking since I read through the posts in this thread. Lots of wonderful advise. I really like the look of the Martycaster and I'm not crazy about sparklecasters at all! I hope to hear/see those 'casters in action Buck ;)
    They look mighty fine and I can only imagine the juice flowing out of them :p

14. thatsJared

thatsJared TDPRI Member

May 11, 2007
    Nashville
    Buckocaster,

You have really become a great teacher whether you had the technical knowledge or not. Even if you make it up as you go, you have shown us a technique that produces the desired effect(A Schnazzy new guitar!).

To me, you have kind of been a Yoda figure in my life. You have showed me that I possess the ability to do great things just like you. You have been recognized all accross this big world known as the internet. I now have the confidence to tackle projects(especially guitar related ones) like I have never had before.

As far as words of encouragement to keep you going,

I say to you " Use the FORCE!"

15. Anthonyray200

Anthonyray200 Tele-Meister

May 12, 2007
    Indiana
    hey marty

could you make a AWSOME ARCTIC WHITE ESQUIER if you want if you want lol

16. cradlehall

cradlehall Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2007
    Inverness, Scotland
    I'm just waiting for Buckocaster to start this thread up again - no pressure, mind!

17. Buckocaster51

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2007

18. Buckocaster51

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Time to put some guitars together...

Kids...it is just a few days short of the one year anniversary of the start of the Buttercaster Project.

Can you believe that.

To me it seems like much longer ago.

Haven't been doing much guitar wise. Took some time to battle a case of pneumonia (would much rather have been battling a case of Rolling Rock!) Also took some time to get the school year off to a good start.

Anyway...

I've got these 5 bodies...and one in the mail...

[​IMG]

Just put the first brush on coat of sanding/sealer on them today.

Have been experimenting with Preval Sprayers and the pixiedust that showed up on the UPS truck one day.

[​IMG]

I think I am close with it. Sure is a lot easier than what I did on the Melloncaster.

There are 300" of checkerboard binding coming in from my supplier - gee, guess what...they didn't have 300 inches of that stuff just laying around...go figure! :D

The humidity has dropped way low.

I think I am ready to rock and roll!

19. BarnesTO

BarnesTO Tele-Afflicted

May 28, 2006
    Yuma, AZ
    So, gonna go with a purple skarkle Doublecaster?

20. Buckocaster51

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    That was really just a test/sample/plaything.

This is what I have to work with.

[​IMG]

One doublecaster and a single neck has to be red pixiedust. One single neck is going to be gold, and one will be emerald.

The jury is still out on the others.

I don't have a silversparkle w/checkerboard binding in my personal pile o'stuff so I will probably do one of those.

It might please someone that might read this to hear that one of the single necks might be John Deere Green. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.