Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The biggest stinkers of well known bands.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Blazer, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I don't think I called him stupid or even inferred it. You apparently have much more knowledge and interest in the collaboration than I. I knew they collaborated and thought that an artist on Costello's level would be the perfect foil for McCartney. I'm glad to see it was apparently fruitful and will probably give that stuff a listen. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

2. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Nor did I imply that you did so but this thread had several people stating that his solo work was lack lustre, with McManus by his side Macca found his groove again. It would be a big mistake on his part not to release those songs they came up with.

No problem, us music fans should help each other out.

I don't know well well "Flowers in the dirt", "Spike" and "Mighty as a Rose" did in he USA but here in Europe they were big charters.

3. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 3, 2009
    Suffolk Coast
    I always thought, take the joke tracks off Houses of the Holy and replace them with the ones that made it on Physical Graffiti and it would have been one of their best albums.

A.B.Negative likes this.

4. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I think Spike was pretty big. Generally I'm more of a country guy. I appreciate what both of these guys are, but a lot of times it is not necessarily what I'm listening to.

5. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Tele-Afflicted

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Some of the Stones output after their first few of albums and before Beggar's Banquet (when they were trying to be a pop band--an ill-fitting suit of clothes IMHO) were more dreck than gold...but even those were decent-to-good, overall.

I like Clapton, quite a bit...but the production of "Pilgrim" absolutely ruined some good songs. I saw him on tour after that album was released, and several of the songs, which were so sterile and lifeless on the record, we're absolutely beautiful and rockin' live. "Drowning in a River of Tears" was a standout, live.

I don't like most of Macca's solo work, but that's a bit misleading because he was my least favorite of the Beatles anyway (overall).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.