Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Bad Dog is bereft of anything ACM, amazing!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 16, 2018.

1. tarheelbob

tarheelbob Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

Aug 30, 2014
    Asheville
    Well, there sure were a lot of of PRS guitars backing just about every other act. Even a Silver Sky made an appearance.

ACM must have a huge DDS demographic.....

- Bob

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    drlucky and Toto'sDad like this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    That guy is not really putting much effort into not being sidestepped. I'll bet a baseball bat would REALLY come in handy right there!

boredguy6060 likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Well at my age she looks like a teeny bopper!

4. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Oh c'mon Boubou, you can't live THAT far back in the woods.

5. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Doesn't matter it rains too much where you are to make any difference. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I had to stare at ACM for a minute, too. The first thing I thought of was "Association for Computing Machinery", but that's on me.

beninma likes this.
  7. kuvash

kuvash Tele-Afflicted

Feb 13, 2010
    Upper California
    Wow.....just wow.....o_O

8. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Jun 22, 2010
    Ca
    Indifference is truly the lowest form of regard.

9. TwangToInfinity

TwangToInfinity Tele-Holic

May 2, 2013
    Twangville
    i didnt watch .

Reba is great tho!!

Toto'sDad and rad1 like this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    When Jason Aldean and Eric Church are held up as “real country” or referenced like “well, at least Eric Church and Jason Aldean were there” then - there ain’t nothing there for me.

Plus - our cable was/is out !

Toto'sDad likes this.
  11. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This is a TV awards thing, right?

:rolleyes:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(perks up for Reba)

that's about it

oh, and good on Alan Jackson for letting Brent Mason stretch out

tonytrout likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    It's where the Sambo Kings, meet Homer and Jethro. I don't suppose you hopped on that bicycle powered generator to watch though. You're not old enough to have wanted to have seen Reba's beard when she was wearing the see through dress.

14. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Watched a bit…Reba can handle the corn pone jokes written for this show as adroitly as any of the Hey Gurl Boys, but maybe it is time to retire Granny Mac…Maren Morris performed in a dress that seemed to be designed for wardrobe malfunction, but didn’t, at least as far as person could tell – she’s got way too much talent to be wrapped in Vegasfoil…Oddly enough, Blake Shelton performed a song acoustic style that stood out amongst the rest of the over-produced stuff, called “I Lived It”, only now it’s particularly hard to believe coming from him…and Miranda sung “Keeper of the Flame” that should have been underproduced, but no, this was Vegasized…Keith Urban did a song that was intended to be all of the most current production stuff, meh, and no telecaster, just some weird looking guitar he barely played - was promoted as a duet with the songwriter Julia Michaels, but she barely got in by the third verse... and Chris Stapleton was a no show as his wife was busy delivering twin boys as his birthday present. That was about all I could handle. Too much Vegas for me.

kuvash and william tele like this.
  15. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I watched some of the first half then had to tape the second half due to a "must see" segment.

I love Reba. She's tough, smart, funny and (IMO) adorable. Carrie Underwood's "Flame" was pretty amazing and she is also a beautiful girl.

Again, much of this stuff doesn't fit our old country label and the new normal country chord progression is beat to death and annoying...but all the old ones probably were too...but we like em'.

Another "kudos" for "The Searcher" on HBO. Elvis was special. He was beautiful. He was the epitome of cool and no amount of "fat Elvis" jokes can erase that. The piece really drives home what Elvis could have been if he'd have hooked up with someone who had his interests at heart...unlike Tom Parker.

16. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Yup, you are correct. I have no idea what you are referring to. Although, from some Simpsons education by my two son-in-laws, I suspect "Homer" is some sort of clue, but meaningless to me. Somehow, I think that is a good thing though.;):lol:

Yup, don't have me on your Trivial Pursuit team. You have been warned.:D

william tele likes this.
  17. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    I don't get HBO on my cable system but I had a friend of mine DV-R this for me last night - the reviews were actually really good for the documentary. There's already a 2 & 3-CD set that's been released that includes the soundtrack of the mini-series. I'm also planning on getting the official DVD when it's released.

Toto'sDad, rad1 and william tele like this.
  18. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I flicked by it and stopped for a moment to
    look at all these red guitars , included a tele.
    Then it was over and I sent to
    watch recording of wicked Tuna

19. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    When he was on top, you could have driven three days and nights in a fast car and not have found a woman who wouldn't have dropped her boyfriend, husband, joined at the hip twin (she would have just gone along for the ride) in a heartbeat to hook up with the E man!

william tele likes this.
  20. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    This is the best use of the word "bereft" since "Careless Love"

stxrus, Obsessed and Toto'sDad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.