Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

The Avengers on CHARGE TV

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Buckocaster51, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    i have over the air television out in the shop. It is usually on.

Just discovered the 60s-era The Avengers on CHARGE TV...whatever that is

Mr. Steed and Mrs Gale. Season 3

Maybe not the best show ever, but certainly interesting enough to leave on

2. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    Charge is one of those 'networks' that's really a content aggregator. They pay for the syndication of old shows, then shop them to OTA stations for their sideband channels.

Buckocaster51 likes this.

3. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I still have most of the VHS releases from er.. "a few years ago" .. including the early Honor Blackman years, still it's fun when something comes on OTA. I will need to see I don't belive we get Charge.
    We have Decades & ME and one other , I'm still miffed they took THIS away, I enjoyed the movies they showed.

4. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    I learned a new phrase today! “Content aggregator”. I love it!

Around here, some of the digital sub channels seem to change frequently

5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Yeah my buddy has an old fashioned pull-start TV with the digital converter that I trash picked for him. I didn’t even think it would work because it was raining and he’s been using it for couple years now.

He gets the weirdest channels. I’ll ask him if he has Charge TV as I’m sure he likes the avengers because he’s an Anglophile.

6. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Antenna is the other we get, if you have Decades it's worth checking the schedule as they show Dick Cavett and Ed Sullivan both of which often have cool musical guests, I saw Jefferson Airplane on DC not long ago, and the Lovin' Spoonful on ES a week or two back, of course you get juggling and comedy( George Carlin was on a surprising amount) on ES and sometimes a little Broadway..

7. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I had a '79 Panasonic with 12-13" screen that a neighbor sat out, it was perfect for the sub channel stuff because it looked "right" My wife insisted that it had to go and we now have the 2nd or 3rd in a series of ever growing flat screens. Just not the same.

8. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    You know I thought from the title this was going to be about the Marvel Avengers movies or some spin-off, and i came to reminisce about how I always associate the title The Avengers with John Steed and Emma Peel. The opening bars of the theme music will be with me through Alzheimers :) Great find!

[​IMG]

9. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    They used to change more here. We had ThisTV, which got swapped for Comet. Charge is new, but I forget what it replaced. We get both MeTV and AntennaTV.

10. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    I love that show! Our band plays the theme! :cool:

It's a terrific piece of music. I wasn't sure if two guitars, bass and drums could cover it, but our arrangement works pretty well...certain pedals help get the "big sound."

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.