The 1984 Marble Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by moosie, Oct 25, 2016.

1. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

So... I bought myself a guitar-a-day calendar for Christmas last year, and I've been enjoying it. Lots of classics, and lots of oddities. Here's an odd classic for y'all. Anyone have one of these? Seen one?

2016-10-25 19.23.05.jpg
    2016-10-25 19.23.05 (1).jpg

2. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I a strat,red and black.My cuz had a blue black one.We bought them cheap in '84 when they were new.Tough to get a tele cause we tried.I have pics of one of them MVC-098F.JPG

Racer5 likes this.
  3. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Those were really cool pieces - as the calendar piece says few were made overall, and very, very few were Teles.

They never took off, but the guy who did them for Fender found greater success doing JEM and Universe models for Ibanez & Steve Vai.

4. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I remember seeing a few bowling ball blue strats in the stores at that time. They sold poorly IIRC

5. TELE_BLUES

TELE_BLUES Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

IMG_2874.JPG I bought mine on at a good price/closeout.I recently put together a mim blue swirl partscaster.A few people do the swirl thing.The best I've seen were dome by HERC FEDE,really smooth color transition.The mim I have is kinda "washed out" looking.That gold one is a keeper!

Southpole likes this.
  6. 26and385

26and385 TDPRI Member

Hey, I have that calendar too! Lots of really interesting guitars in there, I've learned a lot reading it this year.

Funny story, I just finished my first scratch build this January, a Blackguard replica. On my oldest daughter's birthday, March 11th, I flipped the page and found a 52 blackguard! Crazy coincidence. My daughter (10 yrs old, been playing for almost 3 years) took it as a sign that I should give the guitar to her. She'll get it someday....

image.jpeg

7. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Some stunning guitars here. Do marble finishes attract much collector interest or are they still reasonably priced?

I reckon those 'sand blasted' finishes from last year might go the same way!

8. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

But you finished it in January, not March. My birthday's in January, and we both have the same calendar. What a crazy coincidence! Just sayin'... :D

Nice guitar, BTW.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.