Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

That's it, I'm officially done with bad news.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    TD you can't have given up on 2018 already! Remember what Buck Owens said: "That which doesn't kill us, um, pot's legal in California now."

2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I've been feeling much better too after Kelnet had his gall stones removed!

I still cant spell worth crap , some times no change is good news!

Lake Placid Blue and kelnet like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    That's what worries me! Now can you just imagine 10,000 Willie Nelson wannabes running two and fro in Yugos hammered out of their gourds at the 2018 BAKERSFIELD first annual Willie Nelson look alike and smoke in convention? :eek::eek::eek::eek: Boggles the mind doesn't it? :D:D:D

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I just got from a two-week holiday. Didn't watch the news where I was and it was great. I was a leetle curious if things were still crazy. I see they are!

brookdalebill likes this.
  5. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    You’d be rich if you set up a hot dog stand outside that convention. Imagine 10,000 people with the munchies?? If each of them ate 5 hot dogs and you sold them for $5 a piece that would be.................
    I’m gonna need a minute.............. um........ probably a lot of money.

william tele and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Wow, you're quite the business man!

7. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

There used to be a whole line of jokes: "I have good news and bad news." The only one I can think of right now is completely inappropriate, for this forum or really anywhere else.

8. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    I can take it, I’m a truck driver

9. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

You've probably heard it, then. . . .

10. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Those convention visitors would be eating more than 5 hot-dogs each...go ask Shaggy and Scooby!

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm glad to hear you're not proud of it.

I look at it like this. I could be a US Marine on Iwo Jima, getting my butt shot off and watching my best friends die around me. What I'm required to do today; what I am proud to do each day, is a walk in the park compared to that.

Folks who are complaining that the news gives them heartburn, really disappoint me. What you're seeing right now, January 2018, is IMO the end result of too many US "citizens" turning their backs on their duties as citizens; withdrawing and letting "others" give it a try. That's right: Things would not be all screwed up like this, if people only remained educated. I've suggested to a few folks I know already, turn in your voters ID card and move to Costa Rica if you can't handle the task.

Some say "the news" gives them insomnia and they're afraid they might have a heart attack. My inquiry is, how would that compare to being hit by an IED?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    P Thought and Chick-N-Picker like this.
  12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Or a METEOR??

13. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Good point. I used to watch the news an outrageous amount for nearly 2 years. Over the last 8-10 months I dont watch it nearly as much. I do still turn it on a couple times a week just to check in.

I can handle the news, it's family that gets me. It seems like they want you to be upset all the time. As if they are cheering for your failure. They will also lie and stab in you the back and not care what you've done for them and how much you just gave up.

I just want to be happy, and every day the road is calling. If I can't make it at least I can say I tried.

14. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Maybe the way the majorities of families and people treat each other is in direct correlation to people to not watching the news. Try to figure that one out....mmm.....

15. BigDaddyLH

That would be an odd correlation: informed people treat their family members worse?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't know which way the correlation is supposed to go.

I know my other post sounds angry, but I'm actually tickled today. My Dad had had a mild stroke over a year ago, and especially because of increasing deafness, he'd kinda withdrawn a bit from things. He's 91. But I somehow got him talking (over the phone!) about some engineering questions and you could see the gears re-engaging. My biggest Christmas Gift, by far! :^)

17. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Minnesota
    Whichever way, education is probably not a factor. Intelligence sure isn't.

18. BigDaddyLH

Hat size.

19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Great news, BB! Way to focus on the important stuff...

20. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    In the past I paid very little attention to the news. I could catch up in 10 minutes, once a week.

Not so now. Stock market bubble requires a daily peek...and all the things that affect it.

Also nice to know the latest on when my insurance will get canceled, nukes will start and SS eliminated.

But I treat everyone exactly the same...;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.